Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Did I miss something?

  • Rick Murphy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2013
      On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 8:52 PM, <ernie_nh7l@...> wrote:

      I'm back on the air for the first time since early March. Today I tried to upload some new logs to LOTW and I can't do it. LOTW said my files (the same kind I've been using successfully for a couple years, generated by JT65-HF software) aren't proper files.

      The only time the word "proper" is displayed from TQSL is when you are creating a callsign certificate request and do not provide valid date values. That doesn't seem to apply to your case, so it would be helpful if you explained what went wrong, what you were doing , and what the actual error message said.

      So I tried creating a new file, using TQSL and laborously typing in the QSO data for a half dozen contacts. That, too, is no good.

      Why is it no good? What did you do - create an ADIF file using TQSL? Why was your computer unable to create that log?
      If it did create the log, what happened when you tried to sign it?

      I suspected my certificates might have expired, so I checked them. They're all good until 2015.

      That isn't actually useful information unless the error message you received indicated that there was some problem with your certificates?

      LOTW has always been a pain in the ass, in part because it seems impossible to communicate with the ARRL when something goes wrong.

      Well, that's why we're here. However, we'll need some more detail on what you're seeing - like, for example, what version of TQSL you're using - to be able to suggest what to do to help you.