"No station location defined"

  • kp4ed kp4ed
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2013
      Dear fellow LoTW Users:

      For the first time ever I have received a message that I have "no staion defined".  I try to define it but I receive an error message.  Can any of you assist me on this matter?

      73 de Luis, KP4ED

    • Rick Murphy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2013
        What version of TQSL are you using? What version of Windows?

        What error do you receive when you try to define a new station location?

        If you open TQSLcert (assuming that you are using TQSL 1.13 or 1.14), do you see your callsign certificates displayed?

        If your station locations and callsign certificates suddenly disappeared, that means that you no longer have access to the folder that stores that data. Are you logging in to the same user account that you normally use?

        You can locate the station data file by searching your computer for file "station_data". You should be able to find that by opening Windows Explorer and entering "%AppData%\TrustedQSL" in the address bar. (For Windows XP, that will be in C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Application Data\TrustedQSL; for Windows Vista and later, C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\TrustedQSL. (where "{user}" should be the username that you log in with.)

        There's a very good chance that Windows has created a new profile for you for some reason, but I'll need to know what error occurs when you try to create a station location to be sure.

        --
        Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA
      • kp4ed kp4ed
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2013
          Dear Rick:

          Thanks for your assistance.  I see that my certificate is no more valid when I look into the TQSL Cert icon.  Should I request a new one?  I was not notified that it was approaching the expiration but suspect it was very close to it.

          Please, advise me what is in order to do.

          Luis, KP4ED