Re: [ARRL-LOTW] CQ-WW-RTTY

  • VE6LB
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2013

      A simple Google (cabrillo to adif) will get you several tools.

      Gerry VE6LB

      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 08:19
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] CQ-WW-RTTY

      A friend did his first RTTY contest ever. He used plain MTTY and has a cabrillo file but he needs ADIF. is there some way to get adif from a plain mtty log or from a cabrillo file? Something simple because he is confused and I am busy.

      Thanks, Susan K5DU who did send TU

      On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

      On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Rick Murphy <k1mu@...> wrote:

      I agree that ADIF is preferred because the format is well defined.  However, there's lots of people who generate Cabrillo files after

      In defense of standards writers everywhere, let me just state that Cabrillo is also well defined!  http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/  Every line has an acceptable prefix and most have enumerated values.  The trouble is the QSO: fields.  Sadly, no two contest specs seem to be alike!

      Cabrillo works fine for scoring purposes and there is a large and growing infrastructure just for that so I'm not sure it needs to be deprecated in favor of ADIF (not that that would be a bad thing).  However, I think the contest sponsors need to get their heads together and come up with a very short list of acceptable QSO: definitions to make it easier on everyone downstream.  When you think about it, there aren't many variables in an exchange - past the band/mode/date/time, it's basically my call, your call and exchange pieces ... and it's the latter that seems to be the problem.