RE: Windows 8 update hosed my TQSL

  • ah6rr1
    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 26, 2013

      It turned out that the failed Windows 8 update wiped out a bunch of system32 files that included the TQSL catalog and information I have since wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 7 TQSL works fine now.

      Roland AH6RR

      ---In arrl-lotw@yahoogroups.com, <W1WAB@...> wrote:

      Glad my suggestion worked and you are back on-line and problem solved.
      It's sometime hard to get good tips on the forums with all the
      posters looking to affix blame or attack the questioner.

      73, Bill W1WAB

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Michael K. Boyea, ke4kmg" <ke4kmg1@...> wrote:

      > Just go back in town, I will give an apology, but, I can't believe this
      > problem has not come up in the past!
      >
      > If it wasn't for previous post on this reflector, I probably would not have
      > figured it out.
      >

      > HRD was more than willing to work with me and even willing to take control
      > of my computer to figure it out!
      >

      > LOTW, was blaming HRD, seemed like didn't want to help me figure it out at
      > all.
      >

      > If I offended anyone, I do apologize. As this is a great hobby and thanks
      > to all who support it, ARRL/LOTW, HRD and I'm sure many others.
      >
      > I'm just very glad, the problem was solved, and thanks to the individual
      > whom posted the comment about station location.
      >

      > Tnx es 73,
      >
      > Mike KE4KMG
      >

      > _____

    • ah6rr1