Expired Certificate

  • greyowl92000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2005
      One of my certificates expired while my computer was down due to hard
      drive failure. I reinstalled the LOTW software and everything works
      fine with my prime certificate. The certificate for my old call is
      now expired and I can find no way to update it. I thought that I could
      import the expired certificate and then update it but any attempt to
      do that fails and gives an error due to the expired certificate.
      Anybody got a clue where to go for here?

      Another question: Once all of the QSO's are uploaded that will ever
      be on a particular certificate is it still necessary to keep the
      certificate alive in order to keep getting credits or is the
      certificates only function to upload QSO's? The old call in this case
      is a secondary cert under my present call's cert.

      Tnx fer any help, Trav, WX0Y
    • rojomn
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2005
        An expired certificate is useless forever and cannot be updated. Another
        ridiculous design in my opinion. It is not all bad though. You must get a
        new certificate and you can do it form the TQSL Certificate file menu new
        certificate. Is not hard.

        All of these questions about how to do these things are glaring proof that
        the whole design is too complex to ever make this system into a general use
        system. It won't happen the way it is now, especially since it supports ONLY
        DXCC.

        Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
        N 44.082056 W 92.513024 1050'
        Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

      • greyowl92000
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2005
          Tnx for help - I applied for new certificate on the expired call and
          the certificate now showa that it has been renewed. Can't figure how
          that happened but I will take it!

          Trav, WX0Y