Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Interesting LoTW Upload Issue -- from ACLog

  • Rick Murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2013
      On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Larry Banks <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:

      Thanks Rick,

      I have upgraded to 1.14.3, and also use ACLog 4.2. HOWEVER, I default to Chrome and not IE.  I also (usually) open LoTW (in Chrome) before I  upload so I can see when the Qs register, before I download.   (I am still on XP if that helps).

      Are you saying I need to open LoTW in IE8 before I upload, and not use Chrome?  (Or I can just continue to do it twice.)

      73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

      Larry,
      Either way will work, as what you need to do is to "prime the pump" by loading the site. Once that's done, Windows caches the info that it needs.

      Since you don't run IE (wise choice), then you'll have to use the "try twice" workaround.
      If you're willing to give V2.0 a try, that release has a fix in place to work around this "revocation server is offline" problem.
      I'd be curious to know if the workaround indeed does fix it.

      Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA