Re: 2.0 Beta Default Backup Path

  • DMG
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013
      > > I guess I am sort of playing the middle man here..

      > Sorry about that.

      I didn't mean to make that seem I had a problem with the role of middle man, Rick. Sorry about that :)

      > Unfortunately, I misspoke above - 1.14 still prints out the entity number. So, there's still a chance that he's running 1.14.

      Thank you for that info, Rick. I will post any news whenever my schizoid Yahoo mail decides to deliver me any further posts related to the problem. I am getting answers to questions hours before the original post, not getting some messages at all, etc. But I just found going to groups.yahoo.com/group/etc. seems to be better than depending on a yahoo email of each post.

      73,

      Dell - W2DX
    • Rick Murphy
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21, 2013

        On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

        ???

        I was talking about reporting i.e. output, Bill, but input should be no problem using a drop-down list box (or whatever it’s called).  We use them all the time.  Good thing too if you knew how bad my typing is!  Failing that. A config option to use DXCC numbers or names would be feasible but somehow I doubt the extra complexity would be worth the effort.

        Yup. When we ask users to select a DXCC Entity, there's a drop-down list box. What's being discussed is an output from TQSL, which really shouldn't be displaying DXCC entity numbers to users.

        I see that TQSL 2 currently presents the DXCC number in the “Station location information” panel.

        Case in point. That's an oversight, which I've now fixed.
        Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA