Re: [ARRL-LOTW] % of QSL to QSO

  • K0HB
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15 7:55 PM
      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

      ----- Original Message -----
      > From: Gene Case

      > What kind of % do you get from hard-card exchanges?

      > Gene KD5VGT

      My cards are very nice, and a little expensive to produce (about $0.22 each)

      If I mail a card direct, with an SASE (or IRC for DX), my response
      percentage is nearly 100%. (Cost per card returned around $1.25 melded
      average DX vs domestic)

      If I mail a card direct with no return envelope or postage, my response
      percentage is around 25%. (Cost per card returned around $2.00)

      If I bulk mail cards via the outgoing bureau my response percentage is
      about 1%. (Cost per card returned around $10.00)

      If I bulk mail cards via the WF5E QSL service my response percentage is
      about 80% (Cost per card returned around $0.75)

      If I bulk mail cards via LoTW my response percentage is about 11%. (Cost
      per card returned $0.00)

      73, de Hans, K0HB