Re: Cannot upload

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2013
      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@...> wrote:

> [...]

      Thanks Dave,

      I found that beta download right after I posted here and it did do the trick!
    • k5gzr
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
        To Dave, AA6YQ:

        I was configuring a new version of the logging software I use and in the process, selected one of the logger's options which resulted in a call to tQSL. The next thing I saw was a popup window that said "A new release (1.14.13) is available!" with a couple of URLs and an 'OK' button. I had to look at the popup several times to realize that it was not telling me there was a new version of my logging software, rather it was telling me there was a new version of tQSL. I suggest that user confusion could be reduced if the title of the popup window and the text of the message contained some specific reference to tQSL. Also there was no indication of what would happen if I clicked on the 'OK' button. Would it download the software? Or close the window with no other action? Or??? (Of course I now know what happens when I click on OK, but... I didn't at the time.)

        Thanks,
        Rick
        K5GZR
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
          TQSL 2.0, which was just released to beta testing, will not display a “new version available” popup when it is invoked by another
          application via TQSL's command line interface.

          When invoked directly, TQSL 2.0 will inform the user if
          - a new version of TQSL is available
          - a new version of TQSL's Configuration Data file is available
          - a Callsign Certificate will expire in the next 30 days
          - a requested Callsign Certificate is available

          To enable applications that invoke TQSL via its command line interface to obtain the above information and convey it to the user,
          TQSL 2.0 includes a new command line switch. Subscribers to the ARRL's "LoTW Devel" mailing list have been notified that this new
          switch is available. You might mention this to the developer of your logging application; it's described in the TQSL 2.0
          documentation.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
            Dave,
            Thanks for the quick reply, and the news that tQSL's default action when invoked via the command line interface will be not to display the "new version available" popup. I still think it would be useful for the popup to more clearly display the fact that it is coming from tQSL.
            73,
            Rick, K5GZR

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
              At 08:16 PM 8/18/2013, k5gzr wrote:

              >Dave,
              >Thanks for the quick reply, and the news that tQSL's default action
              >when invoked via the command line interface will be not to display the
              >"new version available" popup. I still think it would be useful for
              >the popup to more clearly display the fact that it is coming from tQSL.

              The message from the v2.0-rc1 release that I posted earlier was changed
              to display "A new TQSL release (Vx.x) is available". In addition, I've
              changed the title of that window from "Update Available" to "TQSL
              Update Available". The latter change won't appear until the next update.
            • k5gzr
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 18, 2013
                Rick,
                Thank you.