RE: [ARRL-LOTW] 1.14

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2013

      Uninstalling TQSL should have no impact on your Station Locations or Callsign Certificates, but good hygiene demands that you have backups of these before proceeding. Make sure that you’ve saved your Callsign Certificates in .p12 files, as .tq6 files cannot be copied.  If you’re not sure how to find the file containing your “Station Locations”, see the “Moving A Station Location to Another Computer” section of

      <http://www.arrl.org/TrustedQSL/tQSL-help/moving.htm>

      I suggest that you first uninstall TQSL 1.13. If any shortcuts to TQSL or TQSLCert remain on your desktop after TQSL is uninstalled, delete them.

      Then install TQSL 1.14.3.

      Yes, having to individually backup your Callsign Certificates and “Station Location file” is a pain. The good news is that in the next major version of TQSL, this can be accomplished with a single mouse click.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 19, 2013
        Dave;
        Your suggestions and information are proving invaluable.  I don't think I could even try this with out your assistance.  However your instruction:
        "I suggest that you first uninstall TQSL 1.13. If any shortcuts to TQSL or TQSLCert remain on your desktop after TQSL is uninstalled, delete them"
        Could I also interpet that as "also delete lotw in favorites shortcuts" (after uninstalling program?)
        73s,
        Dale K8TS

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 19, 2013
          At 10:34 PM 7/19/2013, dale cole wrote:

          >Dave;
          >Your suggestions and information are proving invaluable. I don't
          >think I could even try this with out your assistance. However your
          >instruction:
          >"I suggest that you first uninstall TQSL 1.13. If any shortcuts to
          >TQSL or TQSLCert remain on your desktop after TQSL is uninstalled,
          >delete them"
          >Could I also interpet that as "also delete lotw in favorites
          >shortcuts" (after uninstalling program?)

          The TQSL 1.13 uninstaller should delete those when you run it. However,
          there's some reason where that uninstaller doesn't work, so if after
          you uninstall 1.13 you still see the shortcuts it's OK to delete them.

          I've had a few people who had to force delete "C:\Program Files\Trusted
          QSL\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Trusted QSL\" because the 1.13
          uninstaller simply failed. Doing that leaves the shortcuts around, and
          it's OK to delete them prior to installing TQSL 1.14.