Is the group still alive???

  • tad
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 13, 2005
      Just checking. Am up to 5% hits on lotw.
    • Dave Cole
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 13, 2005
        yup

        Thanks,
        Dave
        NK7Z/NNN0RDO
        http://www.nk7z.net

        The truest measure of a society is how it treats its elderly, its pets, and
        its prisoners

        Just checking. Am up to 5% hits on lotw.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • R Johnson
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 13, 2005
          Hi:
          I'm up to 11% !!!

          Now the BAD news about 40% of them are bad/incomplete.

          73 es GL
          Bob, K1VU

          At 20:29 4/13/2005, you wrote:

          >Just checking. Am up to 5% hits on lotw.
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • K0HB
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 13, 2005
            Hi Bob,

            My returns are 3701 on a log of 32255, or 11.4%, roughly the same return
            rate as yours.

            What do you mean by "bad/incomplete"? The few of mine that I've examined
            in detail seem to be just fine.

            73, de Hans, K0HB

            --
            http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

          • C.M. Christensen
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 13, 2005
              Also 11.4% here!

              73,
              Chris, ACØM

              K0HB wrote:
              > Hi Bob,
              >
              > My returns are 3701 on a log of 32255, or 11.4%, roughly the same return
              > rate as yours.

            • BV2WS
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 13, 2005
                Mine is 5.86%

                BV2WS

                K0HB wrote:
                > Hi Bob,
                >
                > My returns are 3701 on a log of 32255, or 11.4%, roughly the same return
                > rate as yours.

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              • Wayne King
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 14, 2005
                  I'm up 16.8%
                  Wayne N2WK
                • Ken Kinyon
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 14, 2005
                    I am all the way up to 3.1%. But then again, my qso's go back to 1977.
                    73, Ken W7TS

                    -------------------
                    Kenneth E.  Kinyon
                    34 Princeton Circle
                    Longmont, CO 80503-2106
                    -----------------------
                    E-mail: W7TS@...
                    ------------------

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                          Yes, they would but that is not likely to happen unless it gets MUCH easier to use. It is great and easy if you are interested only in DX form ONE location and one call but if you go beyond that , or if you want to have other awards, forget it. Many people want other awards and they TILL have not been implemented.  doubt they will ever be as it is going to cost too much to ARRL!

                          The problem is that you still have to use paper since only the one award is supported, so why bother?

                          Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
                          N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
                          Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                            Gil write:

                            > Yes, they would but that is not likely to happen unless it gets
                            > MUCH easier to use.

                            "Easier to use" is a matter for the application developers and
                            NOT ARRL. LotW is, in essence, a large QSO matching service.
                            tQSL is a basic upload application to allow users to get started.
                            When the developers of loggers and award tracking software get
                            fully involved (some are), the ease of use will come.

                            > Many people want other awards and they TILL have not been
                            > implemented. doubt they will ever be as it is going to cost
                            > too much to ARRL!

                            ARRL have already announced that WAS and VUCC support are "in
                            the works." However, this goes back to resources, development
                            is, in essence, a small part of a much larger job for ONE
                            programmer at ARRL.

                            > The problem is that you still have to use paper since only the
                            > one award is supported, so why bother?

                            There is a public API by which ANY award sponsor can make use of
                            LotW credits. However, those sponsors (CQ, RSGB, etc.) need to
                            step up to the plate and reach an agreement with ARRL to make use
                            of LotW.

                            73,

                            ... Joe, K4IK
                          • Jerry K3BZ
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                              Yes, some contester up in NH has DXCC on LOTW alone, I believe, just recently announced.
                              Adding WAS to LOTW will be a huge improvement and get a lot more people using it.  ARRL is supposedly working on it now, subject to budget restrictions.  Most of us know what that's like.

                              73,  Jerry K3BZ

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                                Hello all

                                KC1XX has achieved 5BDXCC just using LoTW confirmations, and K3KO has about 230 different countries confirmed and also recently reached the 1000 band countries needed for an initial DXCC Challenge Award.

                                Several people have confirmed more than 80 countries on 160 with LoTW now.

                                We are migrating servers this week hence some of the trouble with  log uploads.

                                73, Dave, NN1N

                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 15, 2005
                                  The last tuesday i got DXCC Awards of,  40, 20, 15 and 10. all VIA LOTW
                                   I need work only 20 countries in 80 for 5BDXCC...
                                  73
                                  Siso, HK3SGP