Re: My Electronic QSL Numbers: Almost Twice as High Response on LotW vs.eQSL

  • KU4GW Cliff
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 13, 2013
      I think the reason that eQSL's are so much higher in confirmation is the majority of stations outside the U.S. use eQSL more so than LOTW.
      My 2 cents worth!

      Very 73 de KU4GW Cliff

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 13, 2013
        > I think the reason that eQSL's are so much higher in confirmation

        That's a fallacy - eQSLs are only half the rate in my experience
        *even for non-US QSOs*. I've done the analysis on my log covering
        more than 15 years and I've seen similar reports from other active
        stations (as indicated by the topic of this thread).

        On 7/13/2013 4:08 AM, KU4GW Cliff wrote:

        > I think the reason that eQSL's are so much higher in confirmation is the majority of stations outside the U.S. use eQSL more so than LOTW.
        > My 2 cents worth!
        >
        > Very 73 de KU4GW Cliff
        >

        > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Geoffrey Levey <glevey@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> @Tim
        >> Just for the record
        >>
        >> I think LoTW is one of the best things since sliced bread. I basically use
        >> E-Qsl as a backup for my log.
        >>
        >> I have also helped about 70 ZS / ZR stations to register on LoTW.
        >>
        >> 73
        >>
        >> Geoff Levey
        >> PC Panic cc
        >> ZS6GRL (WAZS 600)
        >> ZS6EPC
        >> DXCC Certificates - Mixed, Digital, Phone, CW, 20M, 15M and 10M
        >> WAS
        >> Chairman - West Rand Amateur Radio Club (ZS6WR)
        >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrey_levey/
        >> GP 0717 - Professional 4X4 Overland & Tourist Guide
        >> Kingdom of Swaziland Tourist Guide
        >> Honorary Officer North West Parks & Tourism Board
        >> Four Wheel Drive Guides Association

      • bill
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 13, 2013
          eQSL received is 20,100

          LoTW received is 36,235

          all 95K+ qsos have been uploaded to both systems.
          I do not utilize eQSL but upload as a courtesy to those that do.

          On 2013-07-13 8:22 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

          > I think the reason that eQSL's are so much higher in confirmation

          That's a fallacy - eQSLs are only half the rate in my experience
          *even for non-US QSOs*. I've done the analysis on my log covering
          more than 15 years and I've seen similar reports from other active
          stations (as indicated by the topic of this thread).

          On 7/13/2013 4:08 AM, KU4GW Cliff wrote:

          > I think the reason that eQSL's are so much higher in confirmation is the majority of stations outside the U.S. use eQSL more so than LOTW.
          > My 2 cents worth!
          >
          > Very 73 de KU4GW Cliff
          >

          > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Geoffrey Levey <glevey@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> @Tim
          >> Just for the record
          >>
          >> I think LoTW is one of the best things since sliced bread. I basically use
          >> E-Qsl as a backup for my log.
          >>
          >> I have also helped about 70 ZS / ZR stations to register on LoTW.
          >>
          >> 73
          >>
          >> Geoff Levey
          >> PC Panic cc
          >> ZS6GRL (WAZS 600)
          >> ZS6EPC
          >> DXCC Certificates - Mixed, Digital, Phone, CW, 20M, 15M and 10M
          >> WAS
          >> Chairman - West Rand Amateur Radio Club (ZS6WR)
          >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffrey_levey/
          >> GP 0717 - Professional 4X4 Overland & Tourist Guide
          >> Kingdom of Swaziland Tourist Guide
          >> Honorary Officer North West Parks & Tourism Board
          >> Four Wheel Drive Guides Association

          Be vewwy vewwy quiet...  I'm hunting for tagwines.
          ---------------------------
          I have an unequaled gift.. of squeezing BIG mistakes into LOST opportunities.
          W9OL-Bill H. in Chicagoland
          webcams at http://w9ol-towercam.webhop.org:8080
          My weatherpage at http://home.comcast.net/~w9ol/WX/HH.htm

        • Gary AL9A
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 13, 2013
            My experience with eQSL and LOTW are similar to Bill’s.

            eQSL’s sent = 94,207
            eQSL’s received = 28,800
            Percent received = 30.6%

            LOTW sent = 105,877*
            LOTW received = 51,299
            Percent received = 48.5%

            *The LOTW sent count is higher than the eQSL sent because my LOTW count includes linked accounts for my former calls, KC9UM and KA9ADP.  The eQSL sent count is only for my AL9A call.

            73,
            Gary AL9A