LOTW Conflict Feedback

  • Jerry K3BZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      When I upload QSOs to LOTW with my logging program (DXKeeper/DXLab), part of the feedback I get is a process where conflicts between what's in LOTW from the other guys differs from what my log says. For example, Grid locations. You have to choose to keep what you have or accept what LOTW shows. So far, I have figured that what LOTW has is probably more correct, but lately I'm wondering. I'd be interested to hear how others deal with those differences.

      73,  Jerry K3BZ
    • Dave Bernstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
        In my experience with mismatches, CQ and ITU zones are incorrect
        about 10% of the time. When wrong, they are usually reversed; you
        can quickly check using DXView's zone overlay maps. Gridsquares and
        IOTA tags are generally accurate. Early on, incorrect IOTA tag
        formats were a problem, but DXKeeper now recognizes these and only
        brings substantive mismatches to the user's attention.

        By the way, DXKeeper doesn't force you to individually resolve
        conflicts; you have the option of automatically accepting the LotW
        data or automatically retaining the logged data.

        73,

        Dave, KH6/AA6YQ