Re: VUCC - ww locator required

  • Doug Garman
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 7, 2013
      That was ONE of the questions I was asking... The only answer I could make work was ---- tada --- Win Warbler Locator. Nothing else seemed to make sense in context.

    • Alessandro Graziani
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 8, 2013
        Yes Peter, same thing of course. Thanks explaining.

        Sorry for delay, but am reading DIGEST here, on the mailinglist.

        Here in Italy the word "world wide locator" sounds familiar.

        BTW, so sorry if I used a word ( ww locator ) maybe not so clear all around.

        example: This ham-radio page , but written in italian, explains a bit too what is the world wide locator:

        73, ... to the next.

        Alessandro, IZ5MOQ

        10:56 AM, Tom <k0tw@...> wrote:

        > > At the risk of
        asking a "dumb" question... What is a WW locator? I'm
        > > familiar with
        grid squares,

        > Same thing.  Gridloc, WW locator, Maidenhead
        gridsquare.

        > --
        > Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net |
        Travel by Train!

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 8, 2013
          On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Alessandro Graziani
          <mailmanager@...> wrote:

          > Yes Peter, same thing of course. Thanks explaining.
          >
          > Sorry for delay, but am reading DIGEST here, on the mailinglist.
          >
          > Here in Italy the word "world wide locator" sounds familiar.

          No worries, man! As long as you include it in your TQSL station
          location, I don't care what you call it! :-)

        • Alessandro Graziani
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 13, 2013
            > No worries, man! As long as you include it in your TQSL station location, I don't care what you call it! :-)
            > Peter
            Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!

            --

            Hi Peter,

            yesterday I advised some italian friends on it. I have sent them some parts of our chat (N5UWY, N6ML, IZ5MOQ) and... some VUCC gifts are coming for us on LOTW; from some african grid quare too.

            So, stay tune :) on your VUCC account.

            73

            Alessandro, IZ5MOQ