Unlinked Call-Signs

  • jim watkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
      Hopefully someone can help me. I have 13 call-signs that I have used over the 25 years of Hamming, special call-signs mostly. On my WAS, I had everything Linked to all of my call-signs and when I checked to see what I needed to get to 50, everything was there. Now, for whatever reason (probably "operator error", sine this is the most common Virus known to man) all of my SELECTED column is zero. I am thinking that maybe I hit something and all of my call-signs became unlinked. Again, I think this is what happen. How, or what, do I need to do to get all of my call-signs linked to a WAS account so I can see my SELECTED column filled in again. What information do I need to supply so someone can help me?

      Thanks for your time...

      Jim Watkins

      VA3XOV / VO1SF

      Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly..
    • w8jmf
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
        Jim,

        IME what shows in the LotW WAS account page is for entertainment purposes only. Some change they made moved a lot from selected to awarded on my page along with others who have weighed in on this issue recently. I didn't join LotW until 2009. I processed paper WAS awards for 40 and 80M in 2007. Yet my page shows 50 awarded for 80M and 49 for 40M. Hogwash. What determines what calls are included in your WAS account are rules you code with the modify account dialog. If you click on modify account you should see your rules. If all the calls you intended to include are there there is nothing to be fixed. You just need to put blinders on when you look at the awards page and remind yourself it bears no relationship to reality in many cases. Maybe for someone who did all their WAS through LotW the perception would be different, but for me it means nothing.

        73 de KT8D

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
          Thanks for the Info. I have WAS and Worked all Counties already, so getting WAS on LOTW is another past-time for me. I use to be able to tell what I needed on each band and I had 5 bands confirmed on LOTW. I was working on the other bands but now I don't know what I need as all of my numbers have disappeared. I hit on "modify account" but I am completely lost. All of my call-signs are there but I don't understand the Rules. I tried looking for Help Files on how to "Set-Up Rules" but I can't find the location for this.

          Any help would be appreciated.

          73s

          --- In mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com, jim watkins <james_vo1sf@...> wrote:

          > Hopefully someone can help me. I have 13 call-signs that I have used over the 25 years of Hamming, special call-signs mostly. On my WAS, I had everything Linked to all of my call-signs and when I checked to see what I needed to get to 50, everything was there. Now, for whatever reason (probably "operator error", sine this is the most common Virus known to man) all of my SELECTED column is zero. I am thinking that maybe I hit something and all of my call-signs became unlinked. Again, I think this is what happen. How, or what, do I need to do to get all of my call-signs linked to a WAS account so I can see my SELECTED column filled in again. What information do I need to supply so someone can help me?
          >
          > Thanks for your time...
          >
          > Jim
          Watkins

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
            > All of my call-signs are there but I don't understand the Rules. I
            > tried looking for Help Files on how to "Set-Up Rules" but I can't
            > find the location for this.

            The rules of WAS are relatively simple - all QSOs must be made from
            the same QTH or multiple QTHs no two of which are more than 50 miles
            apart (in other words within a circle of 25 mile radius). In LotW
            you add callsigns, date ranges, grid squares, etc. to the account to
            select QSOs made from within the limits.

            In your case you would have at least two accounts - one for Newfoundland
            (any QTHs within a 50 mile circle) and one for
            Ontario (any QTHs within a 50 mile circle).

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
              At 09:27 AM 6/26/2013, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

              > > All of my call-signs are there but I don't understand the Rules. I
              > > tried looking for Help Files on how to "Set-Up Rules" but I can't
              > > find the location for this.
              >
              >The rules of WAS are relatively simple - all QSOs must be made from
              >the same QTH or multiple QTHs no two of which are more than 50 miles
              >apart (in other words within a circle of 25 mile radius). In LotW
              >you add callsigns, date ranges, grid squares, etc. to the account to
              >select QSOs made from within the limits.
              >
              >In your case you would have at least two accounts - one for Newfoundland
              >(any QTHs within a 50 mile circle) and one for
              >Ontario (any QTHs within a 50 mile circle).

              Joe's right about this - the rules for WAS are pretty simple so you
              need to think about what you need to do for WAS to set up accounts. All
              of your QSOs need to be broken into groups where each group is within
              the same 50 mile radius. For some people, it's pretty easy: everything
              between date "X" and date "Y" are all from some home location. For
              others, that's not so easy. For example, mobile operators, where you
              could have to set up all sorts of complex rules to group your QSOs.

              I'm a common case - four possible locations, easily broken down by
              date, so I could just set up rules saying that from date "A" to "B" is
              for QTH #1, dates from "C" to "D" are QTH #2, and so forth.

              The WAS rule manager lets you pick rules that make sense. For example,
              every QSO using my current callsign is from one location, so my WAS
              rule is a simple one: any QSOs from the state where I live count.

              You can select QSOs based on what callsign you used, date ranges, DXCC
              entity, state, county, grid, or IOTA. All of those are entered as
              details when you set up your station location in TQSL, so everything
              you probably need is available for selecting QSOs.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26, 2013
                > The WAS rule manager lets you pick rules that make sense. For example,
                > every QSO using my current callsign is from one location, so my WAS
                > rule is a simple one: any QSOs from the state where I live count.

                Mine is a little more complex ... I have 7 QTHs. QTHs 6 and 7 are
                simple as they are more than 50 miles from any other. They can be
                defined by state, county or grid square. I used county.

                QTHs 1 - 5 are more complex .... QTH 1 was my parent's home - my first
                license, QTH 2 was a dorm room or rooming house (depending on year)
                while I was in college, QTH 3 was our first apartment, QTH 4 and 5
                were our first and second homes. The same call was used at QTHs 1,
                2, 3 and 4 with a second call used at QTH 4 and 5. QTH 1 and 2 were
                47 miles apart and it was 33 miles between QTH 2 to QTH 4 but it
                was 52 miles from QTH 1 to QTH 3 and 77 miles from 1 to 4.

                Still it was relatively easy to define sets of rules to handle the
                situation. "Group 1" (QTH 1 and 2) is defined as grid squares EN80rr
                *or* EN80md while "Group 2" is defined as Franklin *or* Pickaway
                counties (in Ohio).

                In total, the 7 locations are handled with just four groups (four
                "rules").