Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Logging out

    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 19, 2013
      At 06:23 AM 6/18/2013, Dave Lindsay wrote:

      >I can log into LoTW with no problem. Have noticed in the last few days
      >that I am having problems logging off.
      >
      >Using Firefox. Anyone else notice this happening?

      I just logged in to LoTW with Firefox 21.0 and was able to log off
      successfully.
      Perhaps someone at HQ has fixed whatever was causing whatever you were
      seeing.

      Give it a try today and if the problem is resolved then that's likely
      the cause.

      If you provide some detail as to what you did and what you observed it
      might help with discovering what was going wrong.
      For example, how did you try to log off?
      What did you observe when you did whatever you did?

    • Charles Odom
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
        Running Firefox here also, happens every time. I have started closing
        the page without signing out.
        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

        > At 06:23 AM 6/18/2013, Dave Lindsay wrote:
        > >

        > >I can log into LoTW with no problem. Have noticed in the last few
        days
        > >that I am having problems logging off.
        > >
        > >Using Firefox. Anyone else notice this happening?
        >

        > I just logged in to LoTW with Firefox 21.0 and was able to log off
        > successfully.
        > Perhaps someone at HQ has fixed whatever was causing whatever you were
        > seeing.
        >
        > Give it a try today and if the problem is resolved then that's likely
        > the cause.
        >
        > If you provide some detail as to what you did and what you observed it
        > might help with discovering what was going wrong.
        > For example, how did you try to log off?
        > What did you observe when you did whatever you did?
        >
        > 73,
        > -Rick

      • w4lde
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
          I am using Firefox 21.0 and have no problems with signing off, as a matter of fact it is very quick.  I do however wish that the sign on was faster but I can't blame Firefox for that.

          PS - using Windows 7 with all MS updates.  What software OS are you using?

          73 de
          Ron W4LDE

          On 6/20/2013 9:16 AM, Charles Odom wrote:

          Running Firefox here also, happens every time. I have started closing
          the page without signing out.
          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

          > At 06:23 AM 6/18/2013, Dave Lindsay wrote:
          > >

          > >I can log into LoTW with no problem. Have noticed in the last few
          days
          > >that I am having problems logging off.
          > >
          > >Using Firefox. Anyone else notice this happening?
          >

          > I just logged in to LoTW with Firefox 21.0 and was able to log off
          > successfully.
          > Perhaps someone at HQ has fixed whatever was causing whatever you were
          > seeing.
          >
          > Give it a try today and if the problem is resolved then that's likely
          > the cause.
          >
          > If you provide some detail as to what you did and what you observed it
          > might help with discovering what was going wrong.
          > For example, how did you try to log off?
          > What did you observe when you did whatever you did?
          >
          > 73,
          > -Rick

        • Ed Wilson
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
            I use Firefox and the log-off from LOTW is nearly instantaneous; the log-on process is one of the slowest anywhere on the Internet, however.

            Ed, K0KC

            I am using Firefox 21.0 and have no problems with signing off, as a matter of fact it is very quick.  I do however wish that the sign on was faster but I can't blame Firefox for that.

            PS - using Windows 7 with all MS updates.  What software OS are you using?

            73 de
            Ron W4LDE

            On 6/20/2013 9:16 AM, Charles Odom wrote:

            Running Firefox here also, happens every time. I have started closing
            the page without signing out.
            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

            > At 06:23 AM 6/18/2013, Dave Lindsay wrote:
            > >

            > >I can log into LoTW with no problem. Have noticed in the last few
            days
            > >that I am having problems logging off.
            > >
            > >Using Firefox. Anyone else notice this happening?
            >

            > I just logged in to LoTW with Firefox 21.0 and was able to log off
            > successfully.
            > Perhaps someone at HQ has fixed whatever was causing whatever you were
            > seeing.
            >
            > Give it a try today and if the problem is resolved then that's likely
            > the cause.
            >
            > If you provide some detail as to what you did and what you observed it
            > might help with discovering what was going wrong.
            > For example, how did you try to log off?
            > What did you observe when you did whatever you did?
            >
            > 73,
            > -Rick

          • Frank T Brady
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
              Ok - I'm all suited up in asbestos, so I'll ask -
              What is the big deal about logging off?
              I've never logged off - my software just breaks the connection and when I use a browser, I just kill the connection.
              Any of the host software I've been involved in treats log off and disconnect the same.
              Ok - fire away
              73, frank w0ecs

              On 6/20/2013 1:58 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:

              I use Firefox and the log-off from LOTW is nearly instantaneous; the log-on process is one of the slowest anywhere on the Internet, however.

              Ed, K0KC

              I am using Firefox 21.0 and have no problems with signing off, as a matter of fact it is very quick.  I do however wish that the sign on was faster but I can't blame Firefox for that.

              PS - using Windows 7 with all MS updates.  What software OS are you using?

              73 de
              Ron W4LDE

              On 6/20/2013 9:16 AM, Charles Odom wrote:

              Running Firefox here also, happens every time. I have started closing
              the page without signing out.
              --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

              > At 06:23 AM 6/18/2013, Dave Lindsay wrote:
              > >

              > >I can log into LoTW with no problem. Have noticed in the last few
              days
              > >that I am having problems logging off.
              > >
              > >Using Firefox. Anyone else notice this happening?
              >

              > I just logged in to LoTW with Firefox 21.0 and was able to log off
              > successfully.
              > Perhaps someone at HQ has fixed whatever was causing whatever you were
              > seeing.
              >
              > Give it a try today and if the problem is resolved then that's likely
              > the cause.
              >
              > If you provide some detail as to what you did and what you observed it
              > might help with discovering what was going wrong.
              > For example, how did you try to log off?
              > What did you observe when you did whatever you did?
              >
              > 73,
              > -Rick

            • Ed Wilson
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
                Actually, I believe today was the first time that I have ever logged-off...just testing with Firefox since the issue was brought-up on this list.

                Ed, K0KC

                I am using Firefox 21.0 and have no problems with signing off, as a matter of fact it is very quick.  I do however wish that the sign on was faster but I can't blame Firefox for that.

                PS - using Windows 7 with all MS updates.  What software OS are you using?

                73 de
                Ron W4LDE

                On 6/20/2013 9:16 AM, Charles Odom wrote:

                Running Firefox here also, happens every time. I have started closing
                the page without signing out.
                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

                > At 06:23 AM 6/18/2013, Dave Lindsay wrote:
                > >

                > >I can log into LoTW with no problem. Have noticed in the last few
                days
                > >that I am having problems logging off.
                > >
                > >Using Firefox. Anyone else notice this happening?
                >

                > I just logged in to LoTW with Firefox 21.0 and was able to log off
                > successfully.
                > Perhaps someone at HQ has fixed whatever was causing whatever you were
                > seeing.
                >
                > Give it a try today and if the problem is resolved then that's likely
                > the cause.
                >
                > If you provide some detail as to what you did and what you observed it
                > might help with discovering what was going wrong.
                > For example, how did you try to log off?
                > What did you observe when you did whatever you did?
                >
                > 73,
                > -Rick

              • Jim Reisert AD1C
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
                  On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Frank T Brady <franktbrady@...> wrote:

                  > Ok - I'm all suited up in asbestos, so I'll ask -
                  > What is the big deal about logging off?

                  Maybe not a big deal, but.....

                  One Sunday evening a couple of months ago, I went to
                  http://www.arrl.org Instead of being in my account, I was in K3LR's
                  account! No one at the league could explain how this could happen,
                  and I've never seen it happen again (K3LR has never used my computer).
                  I log out just to avoid these kinds of pathological cases.

                  --
                  Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@...>, http://www.ad1c.us
                • Frank T Brady
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 20, 2013
                    Wow - how wierd - thankfully I've never had that happen to me.
                    Apparently server and/or client insanity could do it.
                    thanks and 73
                    Frank w0ecs

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                      I noted recently that a WAS Award category for JT9 has been added to LOTW. This is great because I have been working toward WAS on JT9 for several months now. Since we were able to upload our QSOs as JT9 rather than DATA, I have manually determined that I have about 40 state confirmations. For some reason LOTW only shows 4 confirmations for me for this mode. Any ideas on the discrepancy?

                      Ed, K0KC
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                        1) the JT9 category does not appear to be populated automatically
                        for some older QSOs

                        2) some of the QSOs you might have as JT9 were uploaded by the other
                        station as DATA. DATA <> DATA(JT9) and will need to be uploaded
                        again as JT9.

                        On 7/2/2013 12:26 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
                        > I noted recently that a WAS Award category for JT9 has been added to LOTW. This is great because I have been working toward WAS on JT9 for several months now. Since we were able to upload our QSOs as JT9 rather than DATA, I have manually determined that I have about 40 state confirmations. For some reason LOTW only shows 4 confirmations for me for this mode. Any ideas on the discrepancy?
                        >

                        > Ed, K0KC

                      • Ed Wilson
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                          Joe,

                          When I said that I had 40 states, I was just counting the QSOs that had been uploaded again as JT9 if they had previously been uploaded as DATA. I suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how I can get them to count?

                          Ed, K0KC

                          1) the JT9 category does not appear to be populated automatically
                          for some older QSOs

                          2) some of the QSOs you might have as JT9 were uploaded by the other
                          station as DATA. DATA <> DATA(JT9) and will need to be uploaded
                          again as JT9.

                          On 7/2/2013 12:26 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
                          > I noted recently that a WAS Award category for JT9 has been added to LOTW. This is great because I have been working toward WAS on JT9 for several months now. Since we were able to upload our QSOs as JT9 rather than DATA, I have manually determined that I have about 40 state confirmations. For some reason LOTW only shows 4 confirmations for me for this mode. Any ideas on the discrepancy?
                          >

                          > Ed, K0KC

                        • iain macdonnell - N6ML
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                            I imagine that the other guy has to (re)upload as JT9 (not just
                            "DATA") too, for a QSO to count....

                            73,

                            ~iain / N6ML

                            On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Ed Wilson <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

                            > Joe,
                            >
                            > When I said that I had 40 states, I was just counting the QSOs that had
                            > been uploaded again as JT9 if they had previously been uploaded as DATA. I
                            > suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how I can get
                            > them to count?
                            >
                            > Ed, K0KC
                            >
                            > ________________________________

                          • Ed Wilson
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                              I was only counting the guys who re-uploaded and, of course, I re-uploaded myself.

                              Ed, K0KC

                              I imagine that the other guy has to (re)upload as JT9 (not just
                              "DATA") too, for a QSO to count....

                              73,

                                  ~iain / N6ML

                              On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Ed Wilson <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

                              > Joe,
                              >
                              > When I said that I had 40 states, I was just counting the QSOs that had
                              > been uploaded again as JT9 if they had previously been uploaded as DATA. I
                              > suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how I can get
                              > them to count?
                              >
                              > Ed, K0KC
                              >
                              > ________________________________

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                  ARRL-LOTW-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                  ARRL-LOTW-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • iain macdonnell - N6ML
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                                If you have QSLs where the "Details" show JT9 as the mode, but your
                                WAS account doesn't show a "Selected" credit, you may need to kick
                                your WAS account into reevaluating your progress. I've had success in
                                the past by following steps like:

                                * Modify Account
                                * Edit Rule (on any existing rule)
                                * Click "Change" (even though you haven't changed anything)
                                * Click "Save account changes" (even though you haven't made any)
                                * Wait for long pause as it recalculates your totals (browser may
                                even timeout - if so, leave it for a while - maybe 10 mins or so)
                                * Check credit count again
                                * Rejoice (hopefully?)

                                73,

                                ~iain / N6ML

                                On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Ed Wilson <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

                                > I was only counting the guys who re-uploaded and, of course, I re-uploaded
                                > myself.
                                >
                                > Ed, K0KC
                                >
                                > ________________________________

                              • Ed Wilson
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                                  Thanks Iain...I will give these a try!

                                  Ed, K0KC

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                                    Wow! That got me up to 33 states confirmed on JT9...I am sure that I have a few more. I guess that I will experiment some more later or just wait 10 minutes as you suggest and check again.

                                    Ed, K0KC

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                                      > I suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how
                                      > I can get them to count?

                                      I made a list of the QSOs my logging program listed in each "missing"
                                      state. Then I went to: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/qsos
                                      1) select your WAS Award Account
                                      2) enter each call (one at a time)
                                      3) searched for the QSO
                                      4) "select" the JT9 QSO
                                      5) update and save the selection
                                      6) repeat 2-5 for each missing call.

                                      If the QSO does not show JT9 (like my 20M QSO/QSL from W7YES), the
                                      other station will need to fix his uploads to specify JT9 instead
                                      of the generic "DATA" mode.

                                      Once you have selected, updated and saved, all the "missing QSOs"
                                      they should show up in your awards listing.

                                      On 7/2/2013 1:58 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
                                      > Joe,
                                      >
                                      > When I said that I had 40 states, I was just counting the QSOs that
                                      had been uploaded again as JT9 if they had previously been uploaded as
                                      DATA. I suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how
                                      I can get them to count?

                                      > Ed, K0KC
                                      >

                                      > ________________________________

                                    • Ed Wilson
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 2, 2013
                                        I essentially did that, Joe, and am now up to 43 states confirmed on JT9 which I believe is correct. Thanks for the suggestions.

                                        Ed, K0KC

                                        > I suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how
                                        > I can get them to count?

                                        I made a list of the QSOs my logging program listed in each "missing"
                                        state. Then I went to: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotwuser/qsos
                                        1) select your WAS Award Account
                                        2) enter each call (one at a time)
                                        3) searched for the QSO
                                        4) "select" the JT9 QSO
                                        5) update and save the selection
                                        6) repeat 2-5 for each missing call.

                                        If the QSO does not show JT9 (like my 20M QSO/QSL from W7YES), the
                                        other station will need to fix his uploads to specify JT9 instead
                                        of the generic "DATA" mode.

                                        Once you have selected, updated and saved, all the "missing QSOs"
                                        they should show up in your awards listing.

                                        On 7/2/2013 1:58 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:
                                        > Joe,
                                        >
                                        > When I said that I had 40 states, I was just counting the QSOs that
                                        had been uploaded again as JT9 if they had previously been uploaded as
                                        DATA. I suspect that the older QSOs are not being counted...I wonder how
                                        I can get them to count?

                                        > Ed, K0KC
                                        >

                                        > ________________________________

                                      • k3wyc
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Aug 6, 2013
                                          I seem to have the same problem. Back in May when I last ran my WAS JT9 report I had 24 states confirmed for 20m. Now when I run the same award report the number is a fraction of that, despite the fact that I have worked several more states.

                                          I did a spot check for Alabama and found that my QSO with N4AU was included in the QSL search for JT9 + 20m but it was not checked, despite being my first confirmed JT9 QSO with that state. That QSO, like all my early JT9 QSO, had been logged as JT9-1. Later QSO were logged by WSJT-X as JT9.

                                          It will be very tedious for me to search for all the missing state confirmations as I don't yet have a centralized log book. My WSJT-X logs do not include a state entry unless I added it to the remarks field.

                                          Are there any plans for LOTW to fix this problem? I'm sure it must impact many users.

                                          73,

                                          Andy k3wyc
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Aug 6, 2013

                                            Have you reported this problem to the ARRL’s LotW Help desk?

[...]

                                            No virus found in this message.

                                          • k3wyc
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Aug 7, 2013
                                              No, but I will,