Re: [ARRL-LOTW] CAN'T DOWNLOAD TQSL 1.14

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
      At 08:36 PM 6/17/2013, Brian Alsop wrote:

      >Get into the PDF instructions file and click on download for WINDOWs
      >version. Get garbage screen. No file
      >Tried shift click, alt click and ctrl click too. Nada
      >WINXP
      >
      >Any other way to get download?

      Go to
      <http://www.arrl.org/instructions>http://www.arrl.org/instructions then
      click on the "Step 1 - Download and install the software" link. That'll
      open a link "Download Trusted QSL Software for Microsoft Windows here" :
      http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/tqsl-114-1.msi

      Or, go to
      <http://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl/files/>http://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl/files/
      and click on the "Looking for the latest version" link.

      If both of these give you a "garbage screen", try another browser.
    • Brian Alsop
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
        Thanks Rick,

        Got it but solution was different.
        1) Updated ADOBE ACROBAT though version wasn't that old.
        2) A double click on the WINDOWS link was required to do the download.
        A single click produces garbage screen.

        Browser is FIREFOX 19.0.2

        73 de Brian/K3KO

        On 6/18/2013 00:53, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:
        > At 08:36 PM 6/17/2013, Brian Alsop wrote:
        > >

        > >Get into the PDF instructions file and click on download for WINDOWs
        > >version. Get garbage screen. No file
        > >Tried shift click, alt click and ctrl click too. Nada
        > >WINXP
        > >
        > >Any other way to get download?
        >
        > Go to
        > <http://www.arrl.org/instructions>http://www.arrl.org/instructions then
        > click on the "Step 1 - Download and install the software" link. That'll
        > open a link "Download Trusted QSL Software for Microsoft Windows here" :
        > http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/tqsl-114-1.msi
        >
        > Or, go to
        > <http://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl/files/>http://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl/files/
        >
        > and click on the "Looking for the latest version" link.
        >
        > If both of these give you a "garbage screen", try another browser.
        > 73,
        > -Rick

        -----
        No virus found in this message.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2013
          Firefox is currently at version 21.0.

          On 6/17/2013 8:58 PM, Brian Alsop wrote:
          > Thanks Rick,
          >
          > Got it but solution was different.
          > 1) Updated ADOBE ACROBAT though version wasn't that old.
          > 2) A double click on the WINDOWS link was required to do the download.
          > A single click produces garbage screen.
          >
          > Browser is FIREFOX 19.0.2
          >
          > 73 de Brian/K3KO
          >

          > On 6/18/2013 00:53, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:
          >> At 08:36 PM 6/17/2013, Brian Alsop wrote:
          >> >

          >> >Get into the PDF instructions file and click on download for WINDOWs
          >> >version. Get garbage screen. No file
          >> >Tried shift click, alt click and ctrl click too. Nada
          >> >WINXP
          >> >
          >> >Any other way to get download?
          >>
          >> Go to
          >> <http://www.arrl.org/instructions>http://www.arrl.org/instructions then
          >> click on the "Step 1 - Download and install the software" link. That'll
          >> open a link "Download Trusted QSL Software for Microsoft Windows here" :
          >> http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/tqsl-114-1.msi
          >>
          >> Or, go to
          >> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl/files/>http://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl/files/
          >>
          >> and click on the "Looking for the latest version" link.
          >>
          >> If both of these give you a "garbage screen", try another browser.
          >> 73,
          >> -Rick
          >>

          > -----
          > No virus found in this message.