Duplicate checking in TQSL v1.14.1

  • pontotochs
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      Hi,
      I've noticed a weird happening. I upload to LOTW with HRD 6 (updated
      version with fix for new LOTW URL) and sometimes I don't the response in the
      HRD window that the upload was successful (usually get nothing), so I hit
      the upload button again and I get the message from TQSL that I am sending
      duplicates and I say allow and most of the time I get the correct upload was
      successful messages and everything is ok and the upload shows in the LOTW
      "Your Account/Your Activity" tab.

      The problem is that when I don't get the message that the upload was
      successful on the second try (I was assuming that for some reason HRD was
      unable to complete the upload), I export the same QSOs to an ADIF file and
      then sign and upload via TQSL. I've noticed that I don't get the "allow
      duplicates" dialog box. At first I thought it was because HRD was having
      issues and botched the LOTW upload, but when I check "Your Activity" tab in
      LOTW I see that HRD had indeed been able to upload to LOTW and I have
      uploaded a dupe - different file name, but same Qs.

      If I try the upload again via TQSL (for grins), I do get the duplicate QSO
      dialog.

      Why is TQSL not catching the duplicate QSO issue between uploading with
      HRD and TQSL?

      Thanks in advance, 73,
      Rick, N5RB
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013

        LotW does not accept duplicate QSOs. Something is evidently different between them.

[...]

        No virus found in this message.

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2013
          I've seen the same thing.