Update

  • Julio Peralta
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2013

      I think I read on this reflector that the new 1.41 version was supposed to prompt the user when a new version is available. I’m currently using 1.41 and made an upload yesterday and didn’t get prompted to upload a new version. Do I misunderstand how that is supposed to work?

      Julio, W4HY

    • w8jmf
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2013
        It doesn't prompt AFAIK. Under the help tab there is a check for updates action. I tried that yesterday and it told me the new version was out supplying a link to click on. It opened a tab in my browser to take me there.

        73 de John

        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2013
          One of the late beta ("RC#") versions included notification. I do not
          know if the version that was released for a few hours then recalled
          due to issues specific to OS-X (Apple) systems included notification.

          In any case, any version of 1.14 includes a link in "About" for the
          newest version 1.14.1 [build 1.14.1-release]. The current version
          for Windows can be downloaded here:
          www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/tqsl-114-1.msi

          On 5/31/2013 9:41 AM, Julio Peralta wrote:
          > I think I read on this reflector that the new 1.41 version was supposed to
          > prompt the user when a new version is available. I'm currently using 1.41
          > and made an upload yesterday and didn't get prompted to upload a new
          > version. Do I misunderstand how that is supposed to work?
          >

          > Julio, W4HY

        • Robert KC2YWE
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2013
            It should prompt once a day

            73,
            -Robert, KC2YWE

            On May 31, 2013, at 10:00 AM, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

            One of the late beta ("RC#") versions included notification. I do not
            know if the version that was released for a few hours then recalled
            due to issues specific to OS-X (Apple) systems included notification.

            In any case, any version of 1.14 includes a link in "About" for the
            newest version 1.14.1 [build 1.14.1-release]. The current version
            for Windows can be downloaded here:
            www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/tqsl-114-1.msi

            On 5/31/2013 9:41 AM, Julio Peralta wrote:
            > I think I read on this reflector that the new 1.41 version was supposed to
            > prompt the user when a new version is available. I'm currently using 1.41
            > and made an upload yesterday and didn't get prompted to upload a new
            > version. Do I misunderstand how that is supposed to work?
            >

            > Julio, W4HY

          • w8jmf
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2013
              OK, guess I didn't try doing anything with it. It was open and just used the check for updates thing. This was from the 1.14 version that was just posted for a few hours.