Re: MANY required screen-login-screen-login-screen-login etc.

  • Willem
    Message 1 of 65 , May 21, 2013
      This is annoying, I have been using the same computer and browser (Windows XP and IE 8) for many years and now when I want to go to a different tab I have to re-login.
      I have not changed anything.

      Please advice.

      Will
      K6ND

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rwright@...> wrote:

      > iain,
      >
      > I had the new lotw.arrl.org address working properly here for a day or so before the login problems (manual operation as described by Bill, WB2SXY above) started sometime this weekend. I have not changed any cookie settings.
      >
      > The problem seems to be caused by a change on ARRL's end.
      >
      > 73, Bob N7ZO
      >
      > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Joe,
      > >
      > > Have you seen any actual evidence of that? On logging in with Firefox,
      > > I see only a single cookie being set, and that has a name "login",
      > > domain ".arrl.org" and path "/lotwuser/" - no mention of "p1k" nor
      > > "lotw".
      > >
      > > I wonder if some users have cookies disabled by default in their
      > > browsers, but had "whitelisted" the old "p1k.arrl.org"....
      > >
      > > 73,
      > >
      > > ~iain / N6ML
      > >

      > > On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@> wrote:
      > > > Sounds like the "new" server has some old code that has a mismatch
      > > > between the cookie being set on log-in and the cookie being read.
      > > > Probably a side effect of the server change (new server, old code).
      > > >
      > > > 73,
      > > >
      > > > ... Joe, W4TV

    • Frank T Brady
      Message 65 of 65 , May 22, 2013

        Sure enough, after a few days, LOTW qsl counts for my account are back in balance with my records.
        Either someone saw my complaint and corrected the error,
        Or, they have some kind of periodic internal auditing that corrects occasional data integrity "glitches"
        73, frank w0ecs

        I think that's different Bob
        Of course, I can't tell since I don't use the awards area.
        Did you notice a drop in your Qsl Records count?
        For me, the lotw web page now says "You have 2141 Qsl Records"
        My count is 2142 and their count also used to be 2142.
        Also, one qsl is missing from a download of all lotw qsls.
        The only thing slightly unusual is that there were two qsos with the same call (UA6DX) in a 3 minute time interval.
        The 2nd of the two qsos is the one for which the qsl disappeared.
        For now I'll just monitor it for awhile.
        73, frank w0ecs

        On 5/21/2013 11:58 AM, Robert wrote:

        Hi Frank,

        I don't lose the QSL itself, but about once every month or so, I lose a DXCC or WAS credit for a QSL. It effectively "unchecks" itself and my credit count drops by one. I have a trouble ticket in on this but have not had a response.

        Is this different than what you are seeing?

        73, Bob N7ZO