Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: MANY required screen-login-screen-login-screen-login etc.

  • David Levine
    Message 1 of 65 , May 20 4:28 PM
      I haven't been on the site for 1 week or longer. Whether I go to https://lotw.arrl.org or https://p1k.arrl.org I log in once and all references point to that same subdomain after log in.

      It might be worthwhile for those experiencing multiple logins to clear their browser's cache if they haven't tried that yet. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache references a bunch of browsers if you aren't sure how to do it for your browser.

      I notice only 1 direct cross subdomain reference and that's when I use https://lotw.arrl.org there's a reference to p1k.arrl.org for the ad. I didn't drill into any javascript references to see if there are any cross subdomain references.

      David - K2DSL

      On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Bill Kasper <williamkasper@...> wrote:

      keep cookies (until they expire) de Bill WB2SXY

      > > (Firefox 18.0.1)
      >
      > No issue with Firefox 20.0.1 ... what are your cookie settings (Tools |
      > Options | Privacy) ?
      >

      > 73,
      >
      > ... Joe, W4TV
      >

      > On 5/20/2013 11:53 AM, Robert wrote:
      >> Even if I start with p1k.arrl.org, when I press any of the buttons (Home, Your QSO's, Awards, etc.) the next page that opens is lotw.arrl.org/whatever... and the login problems still occur.
      >>
      >> (Firefox 18.0.1)
      >>
      >> 73, Bob, N7ZO
      >>

      >> --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ"<aa6yq@...> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> The recommended URL for accessing LotW remains
      >>>
      >>> <https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/default>
      >>>
      >>> If you use this URL but are repeatedly prompted to login, please post a message indicating what web browser you are using.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks!
      >>>
      >>> 73,
      >>>
      >>> Dave, AA6YQ

    • Frank T Brady
      Message 65 of 65 , May 22 10:43 AM

        Sure enough, after a few days, LOTW qsl counts for my account are back in balance with my records.
        Either someone saw my complaint and corrected the error,
        Or, they have some kind of periodic internal auditing that corrects occasional data integrity "glitches"
        73, frank w0ecs

        I think that's different Bob
        Of course, I can't tell since I don't use the awards area.
        Did you notice a drop in your Qsl Records count?
        For me, the lotw web page now says "You have 2141 Qsl Records"
        My count is 2142 and their count also used to be 2142.
        Also, one qsl is missing from a download of all lotw qsls.
        The only thing slightly unusual is that there were two qsos with the same call (UA6DX) in a 3 minute time interval.
        The 2nd of the two qsos is the one for which the qsl disappeared.
        For now I'll just monitor it for awhile.
        73, frank w0ecs

        On 5/21/2013 11:58 AM, Robert wrote:

        Hi Frank,

        I don't lose the QSL itself, but about once every month or so, I lose a DXCC or WAS credit for a QSL. It effectively "unchecks" itself and my credit count drops by one. I have a trouble ticket in on this but have not had a response.

        Is this different than what you are seeing?

        73, Bob N7ZO