Re: [ARRL-LOTW] LotW hostname changed?

  • Frank T Brady
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14, 2013
      I've been getting "INVALID" for "QSL SINCE" for all qsl queries.
      I'm also getting ALL qsls in every download.
      (Apparently their code is disregarding my QSL since date of 2013-05-12 14:42:01)

      ARRL Logbook of the World Status Report
      Generated at 2013-05-14 21:33:38
      for w0ecs
      Query:
         QSL ONLY: YES
        QSL SINCE: INVALID

      73
      Frank w0ecs

      Interesting ... my web bookmarks (Firefox) seem to redirect just
      fine but DXKeeper's Sync QSOs and Sync QSLs seem to want to download
      all QSOs/QSLs. Did something change/break in the API?

      Message 2 of 8 , May 14, 2013
        On further examination, it looks like the http query capability is
        broken on the new server. Looking at the file downloaded in response
        to a query by DXKeeper, I see this at the top:

        > Query:
        > QSORX SINCE: INVALID
        >
        > <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
        > <APP_LoTW_LASTQSORX:19>2013-05-12 21:22:47
        >
        > <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:5>44618

        The smoking gun is "QSORX SINCE: INVALID" ... the same thing happens
        with QSL downloads:

        > Query:
        > QSL ONLY: YES
        > QSL SINCE: INVALID
        >
        > <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
        > <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2013-05-14 09:55:11
        >
        > <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:4>5584

        Note the "QSL SINCE: INVALID" ...

        This was working correctly this morning ... not a good idea to spring
        unannounced.

        On 5/14/2013 6:55 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
        > Did something change with LotW today? It used to be on "p1k.arrl.org",
        > but now appears to be on "lotw.arrl.org"... ?? This seems to be
        > breaking logging software that may have the old hostname
        > hard-coded......
        >
        > 73.
        >
        > ~iain / N6ML

      • iain macdonnell - N6ML
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14, 2013
          It may be that the client is not handling the HTTP redirect well.
          Frank, what is the client in your case? (i.e. what software is making
          the query to LotW?)

          73,

          ~iain / N6ML

          On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

          > On further examination, it looks like the http query capability is
          > broken on the new server. Looking at the file downloaded in response
          > to a query by DXKeeper, I see this at the top:
          >
          >> Query:
          >> QSORX SINCE: INVALID
          >>
          >> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
          >> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSORX:19>2013-05-12 21:22:47
          >>
          >> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:5>44618
          >

          > The smoking gun is "QSORX SINCE: INVALID" ... the same thing happens
          > with QSL downloads:
          >
          >> Query:
          >> QSL ONLY: YES
          >> QSL SINCE: INVALID
          >>
          >> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
          >> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2013-05-14 09:55:11
          >>
          >> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:4>5584
          >

          > Note the "QSL SINCE: INVALID" ...
          >
          > This was working correctly this morning ... not a good idea to spring
          > unannounced.
          >

          > 73,
          >
          > ... Joe, W4TV
          >

          > On 5/14/2013 6:55 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
          >>
          >> Did something change with LotW today? It used to be on "p1k.arrl.org",
          >> but now appears to be on "lotw.arrl.org"... ?? This seems to be
          >> breaking logging software that may have the old hostname
          >> hard-coded......
          >>
          >> 73.
          >>
          >> ~iain / N6ML

        • Frank T Brady
          Message 4 of 8 , May 14, 2013
            Hi Iain
            In my case the client is my home brew logger-lotw-interface.
            Here's the qsl query URL (pw X'd out)

            https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=w0ecs&password=XXXXXX&qso_query=1&qso_descend=yes&qso_qsl=yes&qso_qslsince=2013-05-12 14:42:01

            73, Frank W0ECS

            On 5/14/2013 8:04 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:

            It may be that the client is not handling the HTTP redirect well.
            Frank, what is the client in your case? (i.e. what software is making
            the query to LotW?)

            73,

            ~iain / N6ML

            On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

            > On further examination, it looks like the http query capability is
            > broken on the new server. Looking at the file downloaded in response
            > to a query by DXKeeper, I see this at the top:
            >
            >> Query:
            >> QSORX SINCE: INVALID
            >>
            >> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
            >> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSORX:19>2013-05-12 21:22:47
            >>
            >> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:5>44618
            >

            > The smoking gun is "QSORX SINCE: INVALID" ... the same thing happens
            > with QSL downloads:
            >
            >> Query:
            >> QSL ONLY: YES
            >> QSL SINCE: INVALID
            >>
            >> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
            >> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2013-05-14 09:55:11
            >>
            >> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:4>5584
            >

            > Note the "QSL SINCE: INVALID" ...
            >
            > This was working correctly this morning ... not a good idea to spring
            > unannounced.
            >

            > 73,
            >
            > ... Joe, W4TV
            >

            > On 5/14/2013 6:55 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
            >>
            >> Did something change with LotW today? It used to be on "p1k.arrl.org",
            >> but now appears to be on "lotw.arrl.org"... ?? This seems to be
            >> breaking logging software that may have the old hostname
            >> hard-coded......
            >>
            >> 73.
            >>
            >> ~iain / N6ML

          • iain macdonnell - N6ML
            Message 5 of 8 , May 14, 2013
              Hi Frank,

              I believe the issue is that the redirect from the old server
              (p1k.arrl.lorg) to the new one (lotw.arrl.org) is not handling encoded
              spaces in the URLs (the space between the date and time). Your browser
              is encoding the space as '%20' on your behalf.

              Hopefully the direct will be fixed soon, but meanwhile just substitute
              "lotw" for "p1k" in the URL, and it should work.

              73,

              ~iain / N6ML

              On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Frank T Brady <franktbrady@...> wrote:

              > Hi Iain
              > In my case the client is my home brew logger-lotw-interface.
              > Here's the qsl query URL (pw X'd out)
              >

              > https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=w0ecs&password=XXXXXX&qso_query=1&qso_descend=yes&qso_qsl=yes&qso_qslsince=2013-05-12
              > 14:42:01
              >
              > 73, Frank W0ECS
              >

              > On 5/14/2013 8:04 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
              >

              > It may be that the client is not handling the HTTP redirect well.
              > Frank, what is the client in your case? (i.e. what software is making
              > the query to LotW?)
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > ~iain / N6ML
              >
              > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > On further examination, it looks like the http query capability is
              > > broken on the new server. Looking at the file downloaded in response
              > > to a query by DXKeeper, I see this at the top:
              > >
              > >> Query:
              > >> QSORX SINCE: INVALID
              > >>
              > >> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
              > >> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSORX:19>2013-05-12 21:22:47
              > >>
              > >> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:5>44618
              > >

              > > The smoking gun is "QSORX SINCE: INVALID" ... the same thing happens
              > > with QSL downloads:
              > >
              > >> Query:
              > >> QSL ONLY: YES
              > >> QSL SINCE: INVALID
              > >>
              > >> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
              > >> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2013-05-14 09:55:11
              > >>
              > >> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:4>5584
              > >

              > > Note the "QSL SINCE: INVALID" ...
              > >
              > > This was working correctly this morning ... not a good idea to spring
              > > unannounced.
              > >

              > > 73,
              > >
              > > ... Joe, W4TV
              > >

              > > On 5/14/2013 6:55 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Did something change with LotW today? It used to be on "p1k.arrl.org",
              > >> but now appears to be on "lotw.arrl.org"... ?? This seems to be
              > >> breaking logging software that may have the old hostname
              > >> hard-coded......
              > >>
              > >> 73.
              > >>
              > >> ~iain / N6ML

            • Frank T Brady
              Message 6 of 8 , May 14, 2013
                I appreciate the info - thanks for taking time to explain.
                73, frank w0ecs