What's "Challenge"?

  • Dick Foster
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
      When I look at my DXCC Account Status I see a table with rows labeled:
      Mixed, CW, Phone, 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m, Challenge

      They are all obvious except "Challenge". What's that count???

      Dick W5TA
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
        On Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Dick Foster wrote:
        When I look at my DXCC Account Status I see a table with rows labeled:
        Mixed, CW, Phone, 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m, Challenge

        They are all obvious except "Challenge".  What's that count???

        That would be the DXCC Challenge award.

      • John E Bastin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2013
          On 18 Apr 2013, at 12:30 AM, Dick Foster <w5ta@...> wrote:

          > When I look at my DXCC Account Status I see a table with rows labeled:
          > Mixed, CW, Phone, 160m, 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m, Challenge
          >
          > They are all obvious except "Challenge". What's that count???

          The DXCC Challenge counts total band-country confirmations. From the ARRL web site:

          "The DXCC Challenge Award is earned by working and confirming at least 1,000 DXCC band-points on any Amateur bands, 160 through 6 meters (except 60 meters)."

          http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-challenge

          Hope this helps.

          John K8AJS
          bastinj@...