Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: [Dx-qsl] sites with listings of LoTW submittees

  • Gerry
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005

      Even arrl.org won't load.
      Entire server must be down (or the link to it).

      Gerry
      VE6LB/VA6XDX
      ARRL Card Checker
      (403) 251-6520
      ve6lb (at) rac.ca
      www.qsl.net/ve6lb/
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005
        Hi Bill:
        I've had the same problem.
        Maybe they are installing the "WAS Module" this AM :<) !!!

        73
        Bob, K1VU

        At 11:19 2/5/2005, you wrote:

        >I'll have to try that.
        >I wasn't aware. And that makes my questions mute.
        >As SNL's famous Emily Lutilla would have said... "Nevermind!"
        >
        >But I can't get into the LoTW site all morning as it seems to be down.
        >
        >thanks for the info.

      • FireBrick
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005
          I rarely go to the Opening Screen of the LoTW site.
          I created a shortcut that just takes me to my log site so I probably missed/forgot about
          the ability to see who has uploaded logs option.

          Thanks for the tips guys.

          >> I'm not sure that is correct. I don't believe you can type in
          >> someone's call into LoTW and find out if he has uploaded logs.
          >> I 'think' it will only indicate if he has uploaded qsos with you.
          >>
          >> I'll have to check this but maybe others can confirm.
          >
          > It's very correct ... look at the top of the LotW webpage for
          > "find call." Go to that page, enter a call, and if that station
          > has uploaded logs LotW will tell you when logs were last uploaded.
          >
          > There are some "gotchas" ... if I am entering logs for some of my
          > old (AD8I) contest operations and working back in time, the log
          > you are in may not have been uploaded. If the persons who have
          > either of my old calls (AD8I and W8IK) are using LotW, the last
          > upload of logs found with those calls might be them or might have
          > been me doing some "backfill" with logs I've recently found.
          >
          > Still, I quite often use the "find call" if I'm tuning across a
          > band (or see a spot for) and find a station for which I could use
          > a confirmation. It the station uses LotW, I'll give them a call
          > otherwise, I'll wait for the card I've already mailed.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > ... Joe, K4IK

        • Joe Subich, K4IK
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005

            > But I can't get into the LoTW site all morning as it seems to be
            > down.

            All or ARRL.net was down this (Saturday) morning. It's back up now
            and I just uploaded a couple small files ... stuff that somehow got
            overlooked. It was worth three new confirmations <G>.

            73,

            ... Joe, K4IK
          • FireBrick
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2005
              Yep, finally got in a few minutes ago.
              I found that page you mentioned.

              Like I said. I'd created a shortcut that submitted my signin and password and took me
              straight to My Qsl's so I'd been bypassing those pages for over a year.

              And since I can't remember what I had for lunch....it was inevitable that I wouldn't
              remember those pages were there.