Password

  • Julio Peralta
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013

      I’m having a problem with my logging program and LOTW. When I up load QSO’s to LOTW I get a dialog box that requests my password for the certificate. Once I enter it the program goes on and uploads the Q’s.

      I’ve talked with the author of the program and he said LOGic9 doesn’t in anyway deal with that password and thinks the problem must be with LOTW.

      Has anybody had a similar problem and knows of a fix?

      Julio, W4HY

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013
        > I've talked with the author of the program and he said LOGic9 doesn't
        > in anyway deal with that password and thinks the problem must be with
        > LOTW.

        You stored your certificate with a password in tQSL - it is asking for
        that password to "unlock" the certificate when signing the uploads.
        This is normal behavior.

        If you do not want a password prompt when signing an upload, do not
        store the certificate with a password (the password is optional but
        the instructions do not make that clear).

        On 4/1/2013 9:27 AM, Julio Peralta wrote:
        > I'm having a problem with my logging program and LOTW. When I up load QSO's
        > to LOTW I get a dialog box that requests my password for the certificate.
        > Once I enter it the program goes on and uploads the Q's.
        >

        > I've talked with the author of the program and he said LOGic9 doesn't in
        > anyway deal with that password and thinks the problem must be with LOTW.
        >

        > Has anybody had a similar problem and knows of a fix?
        >

        > Julio, W4HY

      • Julio Peralta
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013
          Thanks Joe, is there a way to go back and clear that password so that dialog
          box doesn't come up all the time?

          Julio

          > I've talked with the author of the program and he said LOGic9 doesn't
          > in anyway deal with that password and thinks the problem must be with
          > LOTW.

          You stored your certificate with a password in tQSL - it is asking for that
          password to "unlock" the certificate when signing the uploads.
          This is normal behavior.

          If you do not want a password prompt when signing an upload, do not store
          the certificate with a password (the password is optional but the
          instructions do not make that clear).

          On 4/1/2013 9:27 AM, Julio Peralta wrote:
          > I'm having a problem with my logging program and LOTW. When I up load
          > QSO's to LOTW I get a dialog box that requests my password for the
          certificate.
          > Once I enter it the program goes on and uploads the Q's.
          >

          > I've talked with the author of the program and he said LOGic9 doesn't
          > in anyway deal with that password and thinks the problem must be with
          LOTW.

          > Has anybody had a similar problem and knows of a fix?
          >

          > Julio, W4HY

        • iain macdonnell - N6ML
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013
            Although intended for DXLab Suite users, these instructions should
            work for you....

            http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWRemovePassword

            73,

            ~iain / N6ML

            On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Julio Peralta <jperalta4@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Joe, is there a way to go back and clear that password so that
            > dialog
            > box doesn't come up all the time?
            >
            > Julio

          • Gary AL9A
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013
              Thanks for the great tip Ian. I have just successfully removed the password
              from my three active certificates. I should never have set up a password to
              start with, but didn't know better when I first installed the LOTW software.
              Glad I won't be seeing that password prompt box anymore.

              73,
              Gary AL9A

              > Although intended for DXLab Suite users, these instructions should
              > work for you....
              >
              > http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWRemovePassword
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > ~iain / N6ML
              >

              > On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Julio Peralta <jperalta4@...>
              > wrote:
              >>

              >> Thanks Joe, is there a way to go back and clear that password so that
              >> dialog
              >> box doesn't come up all the time?
              >>
              >> Julio

            • Julio Peralta
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013
                Thanks for the information. I went through the procedure as the instructions
                detailed and while I haven't done an upload yet I'm sure it's going to work.

                Thanks

                Julio, W4HY

                Although intended for DXLab Suite users, these instructions should work for
                you....

                http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWRemovePassword

                73,

                ~iain / N6ML

                On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Julio Peralta <jperalta4@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Joe, is there a way to go back and clear that password so that
                > dialog box doesn't come up all the time?
                >
                > Julio

              • Julio Peralta
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1, 2013
                  I just had a chance to try it after the removal. Works fine no password
                  dialog box. Thanks again.

                  Julio, W4HY