LotW Update - JT9

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2013
      "What's New with Logbook of the World" in:
      <http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world>
      announces the availability of a new "Configuration Data File", version
      1.20. Looking at the contents of "Configuration Data File" v. 1.20
      shows there is a *significant* change - tQSL now directly accepts JT9
      and associated submodes without the need for mapping to DATA.

      With config.xml v. 1.20, tQSL now accepts JT9, JT9-1, JT9-2, JT9-5,
      JT9-10 and JT9-30. All of the "sub-modes" are correctly rewritten as
      JT9 for WAS and JT9 is placed in the DATA group for DXCC purposes.

      In order to install the updated "Configuration Data File"

      1) log into: https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/default?awg_id=&ac_acct=
      2) Select "Your Account" (top menu)
      3) Select "Your Certificates" (left menu)
      4) double click "Download Current TQSL Configuration File"
      https://p1k.arrl.org/lotwuser/config.tq6

      Double clicking the above link should open tQSL Cert and load the
      updated configuration file. It is recommended that you remove any
      old manual association of JT9 or JT9-x to DATA.

      Note: Anyone who uploaded JT9 QSOs with the mode a mapped to DATA
      should sign the QSOs again and upload them a second time as JT9 -
      particularly if you wish to use any confirmations for a WAS award
      endorsed for JT9.

    • ki7mt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 12:35 PM
        Hi Joe,

        Question for you. I've never mapped any modes to data in TQSL, so that part is clear.

        I updated to the latest config file a couple days after release and all seems well there.

        I worked about 30 or so JT9-1's yesterday, sent them to eQSL and LoTW in the manner I normally do. Looked a while later and have about 50% CFM already.

        In LoTW however, I'm not getting the WAS Band category JT9 as expected. On each CFM (for US statons, the WAS remarks states something similar to this:

        Oregon: Basic; 30M; Digital; Triple Play

        The Mode on the call line indicates a JT9 QSO and when I look at the details Mode is JT9(DATA).

        However, each new US QSO, at least for me, should of had a check box as being a new band/mode state.

        Is this because ARRL has not yet set up the endorsements or am I some how sending JT9 DATA as the mode from the ADIF or something?

        I'll have to wait and work a new DXCC station on JT9 to see if it gives that credit to me or not, but it's getting tough to find New One's these days, which is both good & bad :-).

        73's Greg KI7MT
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3 2:04 PM
          > > In LoTW however, I'm not getting the WAS Band category JT9 as
          > expected. On each CFM (for US statons, the WAS remarks states
          > something similar to this:

          I do not believe the LotW WAS application has been updated to support
          endorsements for JT-9 yet. Similarly, if one uses a "paper application"
          it will be necessary to manually specify the JT9 endorsement.

          Given the other updates in tQSL and LotW currently in the pipeline, I
          expet it will be a few weeks or so before the WAS desk and ARRL IT
          support make the necessary changes in applications and workflow to
          add "Digital -JT9" as a predefined endorsement.

          > I'll have to wait and work a new DXCC station on JT9 to see if it
          > gives that credit to me or not, but it's getting tough to find New
          > One's these days, which is both good & bad :-).

          Even the old version handled JT9 correctly for DXCC. *All* data
          modes are treated the same - there are no endorsements for specific
          data modes. RTTY, PSK31, JT65, JT9, PACTOR, PACKET, MFSK, etc. all
          count for the basic "Digital" DXCC award just as USB, LSB, AM, FM,
          and Digital Voice all count to the basic "Phone DXCC".