Re: [ARRL-LOTW] latest TQSL file

  • Gary AL9A
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
      Earl,

      Mine says the same. We are up to date.

      73,
      Gary AL9A

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Earl" <n5zm@...>
      To: <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: March 18, 2013 12:17 PM
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] latest TQSL file

      > My TQSL -About Window- says:
      >
      > TQSL V1.13.ARRL.747
      > (c) 2001-2010
      > American Radio Relay League
      >
      > TrustedQSL library V2.2
      > Configuration Data V1.19
      > wxWidgets 2.8.11
      >
      > Is this up to date or did I miss something??
      >
      > Earl N5ZM..
      > ------------------------
      >

      > On 3/18/2013 8:42 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
      >>

      >> The current *configuration file* is 1.19.
      >>
      >> You can load it into tQSL by logging into LotW, selecting "Your
      >> Account" then "Your Certificates" and clicking the "Download
      >> current TQSL Configuration file" link.
      >>
      >> 73,
      >>
      >> ... Joe, W4TV
      >>
      >> On 3/18/2013 9:24 AM, bill wrote:
      >> > I read a post elsewhere that there was a new TQSL 1.19 out
      >> > But I can not find it on the ARRL LoTW site.
      >> >
      >> > Was that true or a typo?
      >> >
      >> > pse and tu

      > -----
      > No virus found in this message.

    • Earl
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
        Thanks All.. Thought I was but wanted to make sure..

        Earl N5ZM..

        ---------------------
        On 3/18/2013 3:17 PM, Earl wrote:
        > My TQSL -About Window- says:
        >
        > TQSL V1.13.ARRL.747
        > (c) 2001-2010
        > American Radio Relay League
        >
        > TrustedQSL library V2.2
        > Configuration Data V1.19
        > wxWidgets 2.8.11
        >
        > Is this up to date or did I miss something??
        >
        > Earl N5ZM..
        > ------------------------
        >

        > On 3/18/2013 8:42 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
        >>
        >> The current *configuration file* is 1.19.
        >>
        >> You can load it into tQSL by logging into LotW, selecting "Your
        >> Account" then "Your Certificates" and clicking the "Download
        >> current TQSL Configuration file" link.
        >>
        >> 73,
        >>
        >> ... Joe, W4TV
        >>
        >> On 3/18/2013 9:24 AM, bill wrote:
        >>> I read a post elsewhere that there was a new TQSL 1.19 out
        >>> But I can not find it on the ARRL LoTW site.
        >>>
        >>> Was that true or a typo?
        >>>
        >>> pse and tu

      • Richard Solomon
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
          Oh, that's great. Now you need a Captain Midnight Decoder Ring to figure
          out who's on first. Can they get any more complicated ??

          Where does one find this "new" Config file ?? On the lost moons of Jupiter ??

          73, Dick, W1KSZ

          Earl,

          You are up to date.

          Dick,

          tQSL (the program) is version 1.13 ... the configuration file is
          version 1.19. It adds new countries (FJ, PJ2, PJ4, PJ5, PJ7, Z8, etc.)
          and new modes (JT65, ISCAT, etc) since tQSL 1.13 was released.

          On 3/18/2013 4:52 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
          > The LoTW site still says the current version is 1.13 ??
          >
          > 73, Dick, W1KSZ
          >

          > On 3/18/2013 1:17 PM, Earl wrote:
          >> My TQSL -About Window- says:
          >>
          >> TQSL V1.13.ARRL.747
          >> (c) 2001-2010
          >> American Radio Relay League
          >>
          >> TrustedQSL library V2.2
          >> Configuration Data V1.19
          >> wxWidgets 2.8.11
          >>
          >> Is this up to date or did I miss something??
          >>
          >> Earl N5ZM..
          >> ------------------------
          >>

          >> On 3/18/2013 8:42 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
          >>>
          >>> The current *configuration file* is 1.19.
          >>>
          >>> You can load it into tQSL by logging into LotW, selecting "Your
          >>> Account" then "Your Certificates" and clicking the "Download
          >>> current TQSL Configuration file" link.
          >>>
          >>> 73,
          >>>
          >>> ... Joe, W4TV

        • w8jmf
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
            This is very standard software stuff, it's not at all complicated.

            73 de KT8D

            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Richard Solomon <w1ksz@...> wrote:

            > Oh, that's great. Now you need a Captain Midnight Decoder Ring to figure
            > out who's on first. Can they get any more complicated ??
            >
            > Where does one find this "new" Config file ?? On the lost moons of
            > Jupiter ??
            >
            > 73, Dick, W1KSZ
            >

            > On 3/18/2013 2:15 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
            > >

            > > Earl,
            > >
            > > You are up to date.
            > >
            > > Dick,
            > >
            > > tQSL (the program) is version 1.13 ... the configuration file is
            > > version 1.19. It adds new countries (FJ, PJ2, PJ4, PJ5, PJ7, Z8, etc.)
            > > and new modes (JT65, ISCAT, etc) since tQSL 1.13 was released.
            > >
            > > 73,
            > >
            > > ... Joe, W4TV
            > >
            > > On 3/18/2013 4:52 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
            > > > The LoTW site still says the current version is 1.13 ??
            > > >
            > > > 73, Dick, W1KSZ

          • Gary Hinson
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
              It is hardly self-evident. I didn't know there was a new tQSL config file,
              where to find it, nor what to do with it when I found it. "Help" in tQSL
              and tQSLcert didn't help, or at least I didn't find the info, so I guessed
              at what to do:

              1. Visit the ARRL LoTW site and log in
              2. Go to Your account > Your certificates
              3. Click Download current TQSL Configuration file and wait a moment for it
              to download a .tq6 file to your PC
              4. Find and open the downloaded .tq6 file by clicking or double-clicking
              it: it should automatically start tQSL and load the updated configs, giving
              you a success message.
              5. Search for lost decoder ring.

              73
              Gary ZL2iFB

              believed to be clean.
            • w8jmf
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
                When I saw the notes about this I went to Help->About in TQSL and saw I was up to date. Perceptions vary I guess... As long as you are not having any difficulty with the program, I don't think you have to sweat what config file you have.

                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Hinson" <Gary@...> wrote:

                > It is hardly self-evident. I didn't know there was a new tQSL config file,
                > where to find it, nor what to do with it when I found it. "Help" in tQSL
                > and tQSLcert didn't help, or at least I didn't find the info, so I guessed
                > at what to do:
                >
                > 1. Visit the ARRL LoTW site and log in
                > 2. Go to Your account > Your certificates
                > 3. Click Download current TQSL Configuration file and wait a moment for it
                > to download a .tq6 file to your PC
                > 4. Find and open the downloaded .tq6 file by clicking or double-clicking
                > it: it should automatically start tQSL and load the updated configs, giving
                > you a success message.
                > 5. Search for lost decoder ring.
                >
                > 73
                > Gary ZL2iFB

              • James Rodenkirch
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
                  Dick: your query, "Can they get any more complicated," resonates with me and others...I'm certain!

                  It isn't like this whole "cloud logging" thingy is threatening national security OR whatever...the entire "system" is so convoluted and confusing AND it's all of that to the customer!  The customer suffers with this entire POS system.

                  Sheesh!  72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

                  To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
                  From: w1ksz@...
                  Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:45:26 -0700

                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
                    > Where does one find this "new" Config file ?? On the lost moons of
                    > Jupiter ??

                    I've posted the procedure here multiple times ...

                    Log into Logbook of the World, Select "Your Account" then "Your
                    Certificates" and click on "Download current tQSL Configuration file".
                    In most cases the link will open tQSL and the configuration file will
                    load automatically.

                    > Can they get any more complicated ??

                    One of the changes in the updated tQSL software being tested now will
                    be automatic updating of the configuration file - tQSL will download
                    and install any updated file when it uploads a signed log.

                    On 3/18/2013 5:45 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
                    > Oh, that's great. Now you need a Captain Midnight Decoder Ring to figure
                    > out who's on first. Can they get any more complicated ??
                    >
                    > Where does one find this "new" Config file ?? On the lost moons of
                    > Jupiter ??
                    >
                    > 73, Dick, W1KSZ
                    >

                    > On 3/18/2013 2:15 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
                    >>

                    >> Earl,
                    >>
                    >> You are up to date.
                    >>
                    >> Dick,
                    >>
                    >> tQSL (the program) is version 1.13 ... the configuration file is
                    >> version 1.19. It adds new countries (FJ, PJ2, PJ4, PJ5, PJ7, Z8, etc.)
                    >> and new modes (JT65, ISCAT, etc) since tQSL 1.13 was released.
                    >>
                    >> 73,
                    >>
                    >> ... Joe, W4TV
                    >>
                    >> On 3/18/2013 4:52 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:
                    >> > The LoTW site still says the current version is 1.13 ??
                    >> >
                    >> > 73, Dick, W1KSZ

                  • Richard Solomon
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
                      You probably did post it multiple times, it probably got lost
                      in the multi-multiple times I had to delete all that blather about
                      LoTW and it's alleged problems.

                      Funny, now that we have almost instant updates, I see no one
                      crowing about how good the system is working.

                      Back to working DX, this is getting tiresome.

                      73, Dick, W1KSZ

                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 18, 2013
                        > Funny, now that we have almost instant updates, I see no one
                        > crowing about how good the system is working.

                        Well ... we have the same old tiresome complaints about how difficult
                        the system is to use and still have the high level of redundant uploads
                        hidden by the additional capacity. Nobody seems to realize that big
                        fixes are on the way over the next three to six months.

                        An early look at both the documentation and preliminary software shows
                        significant improvement and a clear plan for further improvements in
                        the user interface/ease of use.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                          At 09:23 PM 3/18/2013, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
                          > > Where does one find this "new" Config file ?? On the lost moons of
                          > > Jupiter ??
                          >
                          >I've posted the procedure here multiple times ...

                          It's actually done automatically for you. Every time you request a new
                          certificate or renew your certificate, ARRL sends you a copy of the
                          latest configuration file along with the new or renewed certificate.
                          For most people, they'll be up to date much of the time. OK, it's three
                          years between renewals - but if you've got only one call and only make
                          QSOs from one place, you don't need the latest configuration.. only
                          people making QSOs from a new entity care at the moment.
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                            > but if you've got only one call and only make QSOs from one place,
                            > you don't need the latest configuration.. only people making QSOs
                            > from a new entity care at the moment.

                            You need the new configuration file when LotW supports new modes -
                            like it did with JT65 and ISCAT in 1.19 and needs to do again for
                            JT9.

                            Unless someone renews their certificate or downloads the config
                            file, the config that ships with tQSL 1.13 (as one can download
                            from LotW *today*) is *seriously* out of date and missing several
                            modes. That effects every user - not just someone trying to get a
                            certificate from a relatively new entity (FJ, PJ#, Z8).

                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                              At 08:18 PM 3/19/2013, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

                              > > but if you've got only one call and only make QSOs from one place,
                              > > you don't need the latest configuration.. only people making QSOs
                              > > from a new entity care at the moment.
                              >
                              >You need the new configuration file when LotW supports new modes -
                              >like it did with JT65 and ISCAT in 1.19 and needs to do again for
                              >JT9.

                              You do not need anything to change in your configuration file to allow
                              QSOs using JT9 to be uploaded.
                              Map the mode to DATA, upload, and you're done. LotW will issue a match
                              in either case since it treats them all the same. If you "needed" a new
                              configuration file, you couldn't upload those QSOs. Since you can, it's
                              not required.

                              You do have to update your configuration file to sign QSOs from a new
                              entity (or request a certificate for that entity).
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                                > You do not need anything to change in your configuration file to
                                > allow QSOs using JT9 to be uploaded. Map the mode to DATA, upload,
                                > and you're done. LotW will issue a match in either case since it
                                > treats them all the same.

                                Not true for WAS. The QSOs will be present on LotW as the generic
                                DATA mode and will not be usable for any "DATA - JT9" endorsement.
                                That was the problem with JT65 and ISCAT before they were added to
                                the configuration file. Without fixing the configuration file, there
                                is no way to "feed" the JT9 mode that now exists in LotW.

                                Mapping to DATA works fine for DXCC and WPX since there are no mode
                                endorsements for the polyglot of data modes. However, it's totally
                                screwed for WAS. LotW is "not just for DXCC any more!"

                                On 3/19/2013 8:40 PM, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:
                                > At 08:18 PM 3/19/2013, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
                                >>
                                >>> but if you've got only one call and only make QSOs from one place,
                                >>> you don't need the latest configuration.. only people making QSOs
                                >>> from a new entity care at the moment.
                                >>
                                >> You need the new configuration file when LotW supports new modes -
                                >> like it did with JT65 and ISCAT in 1.19 and needs to do again for
                                >> JT9.
                                >
                                > You do not need anything to change in your configuration file to allow
                                > QSOs using JT9 to be uploaded.
                                > Map the mode to DATA, upload, and you're done. LotW will issue a match
                                > in either case since it treats them all the same. If you "needed" a new
                                > configuration file, you couldn't upload those QSOs. Since you can, it's
                                > not required.
                                >
                                > You do have to update your configuration file to sign QSOs from a new
                                > entity (or request a certificate for that entity).
                                > -Rick

                              • Jim - N4ST
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013

                                  I’m confused.

                                  So is LoTW now accepting JT9 uploads?

                                  Jim – N4ST

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                                    The LotW web site says that LotW supports JT9 *but* they can't be
                                    uploaded since the tQSL configuration file does not allow the current
                                    version of tQSL to sign JT9 QSOs unless they are converted to DATA.

                                    The configuration file in the developmental version of tQSL supports
                                    JT9 - thus my point. When the developmental version of tQSL is ready,
                                    LotW will be able to accept JT9 QSOs but not until then.

                                    On 3/19/2013 9:29 PM, Jim - N4ST wrote:
                                    > I'm confused.
                                    >
                                    > So is LoTW now accepting JT9 uploads?
                                    >

                                    > Jim - N4ST

                                  • Jim - N4ST
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 19, 2013
                                      Never mind. I tried it.
                                      It is still necessary to map JT9 QSOs to DATA with TQSL in order for them to
                                      be accepted and entered into LoTW.
                                      (and yes it have the 1.19 configuration file).

                                      73,
                                      Jim – N4ST