Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Linking old DXCC credit

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2013
      > Why can't they do it now ?? Did they destroy all the old paper
      > records ?

      I don't know if the paper records were destroyed but the policy of
      converting paper records to LotW for free changed sometime in the
      early 1990s while I was inactive and I missed it.

      On 3/11/2013 12:08 AM, Richard Solomon wrote:
      > Interesting ... when LoTW started up, all my old credits made it in.
      >
      > Why can't they do it now ?? Did they destroy all the old paper records ?
      >
      > 73, Dick, W1KSZ
      >

      > On 3/10/2013 8:22 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
      >>

      >> > I would like to see my old credits applied. Am I just out of luck?
      >>
      >> Yes, unless you submit the cards again you're out of luck. About three
      >> years ago I had to resubmit some 1500 cards and/or LotW credits to get
      >> my records from the early 1908s into the system (5BDCC, 160M DXCC, and
      >> about 300 Mixed, 300 phone, 300 CW).
      >>
      >> 73,
      >>
      >> ... Joe, W4TV
      >>
      >> On 3/10/2013 11:12 PM, Dick Foster wrote:
      >> > My DXCC was issued in 1975 under a previous call sign. The LOTW online
      >> > FAQ says only DXCC credits after 1993 can be linked. I would like to
      >> > see my old credits applied. Am I just out of luck?
      >> >
      >> > Dick W5TA

    • Anthony W. DePrato
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
        At 12:08 AM 3/11/2013, Richard Solomon wrote:

        Interesting ... when LoTW started up, all my old credits made it in.

        Why can't they do it now ?? Did they destroy all the old paper records ?

        73, Dick, W1KSZ
        Bill NC1L Told me a few years back that linking your old records would give you the credit but not band credit as dxcc did not do band credit for years. you had mixed phone and cw but not band if i recall .. he said to get mode and band credits i needed to send in my old cards.. guess ill take them off the wall and send back in. Now if LOTW would only let me download a file that gave a breakdown of what i have per band per mode it would be nice.. the matrix just about does it.. wish there was three matrixs.. one for cw , ssb, rtty

        73 Tony

        Anthony W.  DePrato WA4JQS
        Since Sept 9th 1962
        ARRL CDXC WIA  FISTS  A1OP
        CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 39
        DXCC HONOR ROLL
        FOUNDER SOUTH SANDWICH ISLAND DX GROUP 1988
        CALLS HELD
        VP8BZL VP8SSI 3Y0PI ZD8JQS V31SS WA4JQS/ZS1 WA4JQS/KC4 WA4JQS/4K1
        ZUT DE WA4JQS

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
          > Now if LOTW would only let me download a file that gave a breakdown
          > of what i have per band per mode it would be nice..

          DXCC does not track status by band/mode ... only by band (single band
          awards) or by mode. The single band awards are not issued on a per
          mode basis. Although the records - either LotW or card credits since
          the mid 1990s contain the information, it is not tracked.

          On 3/11/2013 11:20 AM, Anthony W. DePrato wrote:
          > At 12:08 AM 3/11/2013, Richard Solomon wrote:
          >

          >> Interesting ... when LoTW started up, all my old credits made it in.
          >>
          >> Why can't they do it now ?? Did they destroy all the old paper records ?
          >>
          >> 73, Dick, W1KSZ
          >> Bill NC1L Told me a few years back that linking your old records would
          >> give you the credit but not band credit as dxcc did not do band credit
          >> for years. you had mixed phone and cw but not band if i recall .. he
          >> said to get mode and band credits i needed to send in my old cards..
          >> guess ill take them off the wall and send back in. Now if LOTW would
          >> only let me download a file that gave a breakdown of what i have per
          >> band per mode it would be nice.. the matrix just about does it.. wish
          >> there was three matrixs.. one for cw , ssb, rtty
          >
          > 73 Tony
          >

          > Anthony W. DePrato WA4JQS
          > Since Sept 9th 1962
          > ARRL CDXC WIA FISTS A1OP
          > CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 39
          > DXCC HONOR ROLL
          > FOUNDER SOUTH SANDWICH ISLAND DX GROUP 1988
          > CALLS HELD
          > VP8BZL VP8SSI 3Y0PI ZD8JQS V31SS WA4JQS/ZS1 WA4JQS/KC4 WA4JQS/4K1
          > ZUT DE WA4JQS

        • Richard Solomon
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
            I don't want to beat this to death, but all my old Q's got into LoTW showing
            Date, Mode and Band.

            If they did it once, why can't they do it again ??

            Unless, the Q's have never been submitted for credit, then that's another
            issue.

            73, Dick, W1KSZ

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
              At 11:57 AM 3/11/2013, you wrote:

              >I don't want to beat this to death, but all my old Q's got into LoTW showing
              >Date, Mode and Band.
              >
              >If they did it once, why can't they do it again ??
              >
              >Unless, the Q's have never been submitted for credit, then that's another
              >issue.
              >
              >73, Dick, W1KSZ
              >
              >Dont know Dick. i sent in my first dxcc in 69 little over 200 qsl's
              >they only entered the mode back them and not the band. if i recall
              >what Bill Moore told me.

              73 Tony

              Anthony W. DePrato WA4JQS
              Since Sept 9th 1962
              ARRL CDXC WIA FISTS A1OP
              CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 39
              DXCC HONOR ROLL
              FOUNDER SOUTH SANDWICH ISLAND DX GROUP 1988
              CALLS HELD
              VP8BZL VP8SSI 3Y0PI ZD8JQS V31SS WA4JQS/ZS1 WA4JQS/KC4 WA4JQS/4K1
              ZUT DE WA4JQS
            • Bob Nielsen
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                My old credits show country, date and mode but not band, e.g.:

                Worked Station
                Worked UA9
                DXCC ASIATIC RUSSIA (15)
                Date 1983-04-04
                Mode CW (CW)
                Band UNKNOWN

                The date is the date credited, not the date worked and sometimes the call is shown, sometimes not.

                Bob, N7XY

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                  From: http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-general-program-faq

                  I have not submitted for DXCC since the computerization. What do I
                  need to do to get back in the game? -

                  If you have not submitted since DXCC computerization (around 1991)
                  chances are your records have not been entered into the DXCC computer
                  system. These records do still exist on paper, however. In order to
                  re-activate your DXCC, you need only submit a current application. You
                  need contact DXCC only if you need a copy of your old record in order
                  to make a determination for your next submission. This can be done in
                  one of 3 ways:

                  e-mail: dxccrules@...
                  Voice: (860)594-0234
                  Fax: (860)594-0346

                  Please be sure to include this information:

                  Current call sign
                  Past Call sign(s)
                  A list all of the awards you have
                  Your last submission date (month and year)
                  Award issue date and sequential number as noted in the lower left
                  portion of your certificate

                  If your record is not in the computer, we can send you photocopies of
                  your old paper record files by regular mail. We cannot scan and send
                  you copies by e-mail. There is a $3 (per record) fee for photocopies
                  of the old paper record(s). (Per record means one record for each
                  mode.) Send your request to the DXCC Branch at

                  ARRL/DXCC
                  225 Main Street
                  Newington, CT USA 06111

                  If you have previous payment credit from your last submission this
                  will be noted on the paper copy. It is OK to use this fee to pay for
                  your record, if it is sufficient.

                  NNNN
                • Fred
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 11, 2013
                    I know this process works as I had my DXCC from 1980's added in incorporated into my LOTW account... Fred WA0ECN