Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: Remove Duplicates

  • KA9JAC
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 9, 2013
      well that depends,
      Are your periodic backups daily or semi annual
      If you do daily backups you need not worry about lotw for a backup
      if you do backups randomly, then you may need consider doing them on a routine basis (daily is good)
      which is quite easy to do.

      rudy62k wrote:

      You mean like the periodic backups I do to external storage?

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, KA9JAC <ka9jac@...> wrote:

      > It is still a backup of your log, just not a clean one.
      > You really should know how, and have the ability to backup not just your
      > log, but anything of value on your pc.
      >

      > rudy62k wrote:
      > >

      > > OK.. well, that eliminates using LOTW as a log backup, like I use QRZ
      > > and eQSL.
      > >
      > > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Mark Robinson" <markrob@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I believe the incorrect entry in the database is nicknamed a
      > > "zombie". There
      > > > is no way to remove it.
      > > >
      > > > Just ignore it like the rest of us do. I have quite a few that I have
      > > > created over the years.
      > > >
      > > > Mark N1UK

    • rudy62k
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 9, 2013
        I'm going to take that as a no, you don't know how to get rid of the duplicates, and let it go at that.

        ... and thanks for the help.

      • Peter Jordahl
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 9, 2013
          Rudy,
          Non-removal of "zombie" duplicates is BUILT_IN to the LOTW system. No
          one is able to remove them.
          73
          Pete K5GM

          On Sat, Mar 9, 2013, at 07:10 PM, rudy62k wrote:

          > I'm going to take that as a no, you don't know how to get rid of the
          > duplicates, and let it go at that.
          >
          > ... and thanks for the help.
          >

          > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, KA9JAC <ka9jac@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > well that depends,
          > > Are your periodic backups daily or semi annual
          > > If you do daily backups you need not worry about lotw for a backup
          > > if you do backups randomly, then you may need consider doing them on a
          > > routine basis (daily is good)
          > > which is quite easy to do.
          > >

          > > rudy62k wrote:
          > > >
          > > > You mean like the periodic backups I do to external storage?
          > > >
          > > > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > > > your

          > > > <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > > <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > > > have

          Pete Jordahl, K5GM
          k5gm@...
        • rudy62k
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 9, 2013
            Thanks, but the first person to reply told me that. Much of the rest of this part of the thread has devolved into a "discussion" of backups due to my apparently ill-advised comment about the low suitability of LOTW as a log backup.