Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Need Help Renewing Certificate

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
      That's one of the primary goals of the open source tQSL project
      currently being run by AA6YQ and K1MU. I expect to see the first
      results from them soon (at least some preliminary concept code to
      a small group of alpha testers - with a wider beta test some
      weeks after that).

    • gatorman_71
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
        Thanks for your patience guys. This is still as clear as mud. I uploaded my request to LOTW. It says "you will receive your certificate after it has been created. Your certificate processing request processing is completed."

        I'm thinking that the second sentence is what confused me. I'm thinking they are telling me I'm ready to load something? I guess I have NOT received my new certificate yet though? How long does it take? Where does it show up? Will it be in an email?

        Again, thanks all for your patience.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
          At 06:28 PM 3/2/2013, gatorman_71 wrote:

          >Thanks for your patience guys. This is still as clear as mud. I
          >uploaded my request to LOTW. It says "you will receive your
          >certificate after it has been created. Your certificate processing
          >request processing is completed."

          That's obviously not very clear. What it means is that LoTW has
          accepted your certificate renewal request and there's nothing that you
          have to do at this point.

          >I'm thinking that the second sentence is what confused me. I'm
          >thinking they are telling me I'm ready to load something? I guess I
          >have NOT received my new certificate yet though? How long does it
          >take? Where does it show up? Will it be in an email?

          Yes, your renewal will be processed by ARRL staff and returned to you
          as a .TQ6 file attachment to an e-mail reply. You don't have to do
          anything else at this point until you get the certificate back, which
          may take a few days.

          When you get the renewal response, just open the TQ6 attachment and it
          will install itself, as already mentioned.
        • gatorman_71
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2013
            Thanks for all the help guys. I got my tq.5 certificate via email and it uploaded automatically. Whewwww. I appreciate the assistance.

            Steve, N4JQQ