Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Given up again

  • Jerry Keller - K3BZ
    Message 1 of 70 , Jan 31, 2005
      "If you can figure out how to do it and retain security.."

      Depends on what you mean by "security".

      Message 70 of 70 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi All,

        Further to what Ford, and others, are saying and realizing the genuine
        usage problems that Jerry is encountering,
        I assume that all of the originators of complaints regarding their LoTW
        usage difficulties have computers.
        Being amateur radio operators, they also own and use relatively
        expensive radio equipment and antenna systems.
        That being said, why not make a further, rather small, investment in a
        good, up to date, computer logging program.
        There are several of them out there that make LoTW uploads and downloads
        a complete 'no-brainer',
        necessitating only a few clicks on the mouse or keyboard to successfully
        accomplish the above tasks.
        Then make use of your printer to print out the instructions, found on
        the LoTW web site, for further,
        detailed, study of the use of the many other LoTW facilities and
        features.
        We need to get more people to use LoTW, not scare them all away.
        Try it, you might like it.
        My LoTW QSL return rate is a dismal 3.8 %.

        73, Carl VE9OV