Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: TQSL - 2 Callsigns and same location name error

  • iain macdonnell - N6ML
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
      The station location name is not uploaded to LotW - it's only used
      within the TQSL program.

      If you're worried about it anyway, keep the name of your existing
      station location as it is now, and name the new one something
      different!

      73,

      ~iain / N6ML

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM, raoul_gi <raoul_gi@...> wrote:
      > thank you for information. I have no problems to rename the two locations
      > name, but with one of these I've done a lot of QSO. What happens if I now
      > rename it? LOTW consider it a new location? Creates other problems?
      >
      > Thank you.
      > 73 de Raoul, ik0rcy
      >

      > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" wrote:
      > >

      > > That is the nature of tQSL. Each location actually contains both
      > > call (certificate used) and location data. Name the two locations
      > > "Callsign A - Home" and "Callsign B - Home" and you will not
      > > have a problem.
      > >
      > > This is one of the problems that needs to be fixed in the tQSL
      > > redesign.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > >
      > > ... Joe, W4TV
      > >

      > > On 2/26/2013 7:10 PM, raoul_gi wrote:
      > > > Hello all,
      > > >
      > > > I use my TQSL with 2 certificates (different callsigns), but I can't
      > > > seem to use same location name for both. I try to add a new location to
      > > > callsign B with same location name of callsign A, but after this I find only
      > > > callsign B location.
      > > >
      > > > -before-
      > > > Callsign A - location name "Home"
      > > >
      > > > -add-
      > > > Callsign B - location name "Home"
      > > >
      > > > -after-
      > > > Callsign B - location name "Home"
      > > >
      > > > I suppose this is a software "bug".
      > > > My TQSL version is V1.13.ARRL.747.
      > > > Do you have information of this problem?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks in advance.
      > > > 73 de Raoul, ik0rcy

    • raoul_gi
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
        Hello Iain,

        right solution. Thank you for help.

        73 de Raoul, ik0rcy

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
          Ian is correct - the names are only used in tQSL. You can actually
          delete the location after using it and create a completely new location
          the next time you use tQSL without impacting the QSOs you have already
          uploaded.

        • VE6LB
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
            Raoul,

            I have a lot of different PXs (15+) for 2 different calls each has it’s own certificate and they are all from the same location Home 1 to 15.

            73, Gerry VE6LB

            wrote:
            > > thank you for information. I have no problems to rename the
            two locations
            > > name, but with one of these I've done a lot of QSO.
            What happens if I now
            > > rename it? LOTW consider it a new location?
            Creates other problems?

            > > Thank you.
            > > 73 de
            Raoul, ik0rcy

            href="mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" wrote:

            That is the nature of tQSL. Each location actually contains both
            > > > call (certificate used) and location data. Name the two locations
            > > > "Callsign A - Home" and "Callsign B - Home" and you will not
            > > > have a problem.
            > > >
            > > > This is one of the
            problems that needs to be fixed in the tQSL
            > > > redesign.
            > > >
            > > > 73,
            > > >
            > > > ... Joe,
            W4TV

            raoul_gi wrote:

            of callsign A, but after this I find only
            location.

            - location name "Home"

            this is a software "bug".
            V1.13.ARRL.747.