Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: Duplicates

    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 22, 2013
      >> I have several offered the accumulated data from the LotW Status (home
      >> page) and LotW Queue reports to anyone who wants it but nobody has asked
      >> for it. The raw data is also available directly from the sources going
      >> forward if anyone cares to capture it.
      >>

      > +++ Never saw an offer before so go ahead and send me the data. You have my
      > email address.

      The file in Excel format is on its way to you. It contains raw data
      only - the only modification was to add "place holders" for hourly
      reports that were missed when LotW and/or the ARRL web site was down.

      > I just don't believe your assumptions/extrapolation to be accurate.
      > It's like in a simple math equation.... A + x = y and you are solving
      > for both. We know A but the doubt has been on the accuracy of x,
      > something you adamantly stop your feet as accurate and others feel is
      > not the case. .

      The analysis solves for only one thing ... the only unknown is the
      total number of QSOs processed each week. Since we know exactly the
      number of files processed, the only issue is determining the average
      number of QSOs per file which is a straight forward problem.

      I've been through the analysis yet again and found one error. By not
      excluding hourly reports (after the backlog cleared) where the backlog
      went over an hour, some logs - often but not always large logs - were
      being counted twice. However, after adjusting the calculations to
      resolve that oversight there was very little difference in the rate of
      reprocessing. Total QSO levels went down 15 to 20% in most weeks but
      increased 25% in one. The percentage of new QSOs went up in three
      weeks and down in two. The second lowest rate of new QSOs occurs in
      the week with the lowest number of total QSOs while the second busiest
      week also has the second highest rate of new QSOs. Simply, there is
      no apparent correlation between the rate of reprocessing and either
      number of logs processed or the average number of QSOs per log.

    • David Cole
      Message 147 of 147 , Aug 24, 2014
        I run ACLog... When you hit the "ALL SINCE" button, change the date to
        be something about a week prior to the LoTW failure...

        I "believe", ACLog got very confused as a result of the fail mode of
        LoTW. That corrected a very similar problem for me.
        --
        Thanks and 73's,
        www.nk7z.net