Re: ARRL LoTW Users' List, was RE: [ARRL-LOTW] New group

  • VE6LB
    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 22, 2013

      Are you suggesting that a statistical analysis (#3) is needed???????

      Gerry VE6LB

      Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:43 AM
      Subject: Re: ARRL LoTW Users' List, was RE: [ARRL-LOTW] New group

      Somewhat tongue in cheek, I suggest very interesting statistics will be:

      1. How many join the new list?

      2. How many leave the current list?

      3. Do 1. and 2. correlate?

      Someone should keep track.

      Me, I'm going to stay here. I enjoy the statistics discussion and I have learned a lot.

      73,

      Hank, W6SX

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Vladimir Sidarau <vs.lists@...> wrote:

      Your will is my command. You got one.

      Usually if a new list comes up to complement the basis one, the both of them dye as time goes. Or one of the dies. But let’s see.

      The new list called, ARRL LoTW Users’ List is up and running. The list is created for LoTW users, and LoTW Users, only, in order to let them share their LoTW experience and help each other. No technical issues above the users’ level, programmers’ ideas, projects and discussions are welcomed there.

      The list is open for everybody and basically not moderated. But the list owner/moderator reserves the right to stop any discussion and put any user on a moderated basis at his own discretion.

      The rest is typical for all Yahoo groups:

      Post message:
      mailto:lotwuser%40yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe:
      mailto:lotwuser-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com
      Unsubscribe:
      mailto:lotwuser-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com
      List owner:
      mailto:lotwuser-owner%40yahoogroups.com

      OK, everybody is welcomed to the new list. I for one will stay subscribed to the both of them and will report here how successful the new list is later on.

      73,

      Vladimir VE3IAE
      ARRL Users’ List Owner

    • David Cole
      Message 147 of 147 , Aug 24, 2014
        I run ACLog... When you hit the "ALL SINCE" button, change the date to
        be something about a week prior to the LoTW failure...

        I "believe", ACLog got very confused as a result of the fail mode of
        LoTW. That corrected a very similar problem for me.
        --
        Thanks and 73's,
        www.nk7z.net