Re: User Friendly LoTW

  • kc2ywe
    Message 1 of 147 , Feb 11 9:15 PM
      What do you find cumbersome? You provided literally no details, and without specifics it's hard to address anything substantively. There's certainly things about the workflow that could be improved - what are your suggestions?

      LoTW doesn't have to replace paper QSOs unless you let it. Its main benefit stems from not *having* to use paper QSOs and thus saving some time/money/both. If you're chasing an award, you can always QSL VIA LOTW and also by bureau, so you neither slow down your award nor give up the "wallpaper".

      73,
      -Robert, KC2YWE

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "k4dl@..." wrote:

      > Are there any plans to ever make LoTW more user friendly. I tried it several years ago and uploaded some logs but have never been able to get back on. Changed computers and moved. It just seems so cumbersome. I can access my bank account much easier than LoTW. I personally like QSL cards myself. I don't think I will post contacts that don't send me a paper QSL card if I ever get back on it. I hate to see the good things about this hobby done away with. But that's just my opinion. I am sure many think I am wrong.
      >
      > 73's

    • David Cole
      Message 147 of 147 , Aug 24, 2014
        I run ACLog... When you hit the "ALL SINCE" button, change the date to
        be something about a week prior to the LoTW failure...

        I "believe", ACLog got very confused as a result of the fail mode of
        LoTW. That corrected a very similar problem for me.
        --
        Thanks and 73's,
        www.nk7z.net