Re: [ARRL-LOTW] 5BWAS

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 8 1:57 PM
      Sam,

      Apply for *endorsement only* for 80/40/20/15/10 (plus any of the WARC
      bands if you want them as well) and note *in the comments* "for 5BWAS".
      The fee calculation will be completely wrong but that will be cleaned
      up when the application is processed - the fee should be the for the
      basic 5BWAS certificate plus one "LotW service fee".

      E-mail Bill Moore "nc1l @ arrl.org" directly for more details.

      On 2/8/2013 3:57 PM, smbarrett wrote:
      > I could probably guess my way through this, but perhaps someone else has already been down this road. I have emailed the WAS awards folks at HQ twice this week, but so far, no answer.
      >
      > I already have a numbered Basic WAS certificate, and I have LOTW confirmations for all 50 states on 80-10 meters. Should I apply for endorsements for each band and then use a paper application to apply for a 5BWAS certificate, or is there a better way?
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Sam - W5KF

    • smbarrett
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 11 3:56 PM
        Thank you, Joe. I submitted this evening, with the comment as you suggested. I guess I will wait to hear what the final fee will be and then send in a check.

        73,
        Sam - W5KF