Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Old DX

  • VE6LB
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 5, 2013

      Use “Find Call”

      Gerry VE6LB

      Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:43 PM
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Old DX

      are there any records of some of the big Dxpeditions
      of the 90's?

      Sent from my iPhone4s

      On Feb 5, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Tom Wylie <tgwylie@...> wrote:

      If you have uploaded your logs to LOTW it will start with the first QSO
      in your Log. If you have not uploaded your log to LOTW - its irrelevant.

      GM4FDM

      On 05/02/2013 16:11, Rene Yruretagoyena wrote:
      > How long has Lotw been in use?
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone4s
      >

      > On Feb 5, 2013, at 7:59 AM, "VE6LB" mailto:ve6lb%40telus.net
      > mailto:ve6lb%40telus.net>> wrote:
      >
      >> Did you upload your logs to LoTW?
      >> If so, you should find them in Awards/Application.
      >> GL, Gerry VE6LB

    • jim watkins
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013
        Most of my Countries are from the early 90s. I have 298 countries confirmed via QSL cards, but only 164 in LOTW. OUCH! I have emailed some of the BIG dxpeditions from the 90s but so far ZERO success rate. Kind of frustrated, but it is what it is...

        Jim Watkins

        VA3XOV / VO1SF

        ***Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly..***

        are there any records of some of the big Dxpeditions
        of the 90's? Sent from my iPhone4s

        On Feb 5, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Tom Wylie <tgwylie@...> wrote:

        If you have uploaded your logs to LOTW it will start with the first QSO
        in your Log. If you have not uploaded your log to LOTW - its irrelevant.

        GM4FDM

        On 05/02/2013 16:11, Rene Yruretagoyena wrote:
        > How long has Lotw been in use?
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone4s
        >

        > On Feb 5, 2013, at 7:59 AM, "VE6LB" mailto:ve6lb%40telus.net
        > mailto:ve6lb%40telus.net>> wrote:
        >
        >> Did you upload your logs to LoTW?
        >> If so, you should find them in Awards/Application.
        >> GL, Gerry VE6LB

      • Nigel G3TXF
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013

          All DX-ped logs since 1969 and all home-station logs since 1965 have been up-loaded to LoTW (and also to ClubLog).

          It’s a massive amount of work to get all those old paper logs into digital format, but well worth the effort in the end!

          73 – Nigel G3TXF

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013

            Many thanks for doing this, Nigel!

            All DX-ped logs since 1969 and all home-station logs since 1965 have been up-loaded to LoTW (and also to ClubLog).

            It’s a massive amount of work to get all those old paper logs into digital format, but well worth the effort in the end!

            73 – Nigel G3TXF

            are there any records of some of the big Dxpeditions

            of the 90's?Sent from my iPhone4s

            On Feb 5, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Tom Wylie <tgwylie@...> wrote:

            If you have uploaded your logs to LOTW it will start with the first QSO
            in your Log. If you have not uploaded your log to LOTW - its irrelevant.

            GM4FDM

            On 05/02/2013 16:11, Rene Yruretagoyena wrote:
            > How long has Lotw been in use?
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone4s
            >

            > On Feb 5, 2013, at 7:59 AM, "VE6LB" mailto:ve6lb%40telus.net
            > mailto:ve6lb%40telus.net>> wrote:
            >
            >> Did you upload your logs to LoTW?
            >> If so, you should find them in Awards/Application.
            >> GL, Gerry VE6LB

            No virus found in this message.

          • Gary Hinson
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013

              And thanks for the many QSL cards too Nigel.  Many of the prized slots in my DXCC postcard album have TXF cards in them, and I’m hoping to fill a few more of the empty ones in the same way!

              I’m trying to collect a QSL card from every country for my album, so I can proudly show them off to ham and non-ham visitors to the shack.  LoTW conformations are good for DXCC but they are not exactly show-offable!  Some cards bring back memories of the QSOs, others are prompts for stories about the exotic, difficult-to-reach places that people have activated (Scarboro’ reef and Peter & Paul rocks for example).   Database records don’t have quite the same allure.

              73

              Gary  ZL2iFB

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 7, 2013
                Most logging programs have an ADIF export capability of selected QSOs. These
                can be imported directly into the Online DXCC Application tool.

                73,
                Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
                DXCC, VUCC, WAS Card Checker-Southern Alberta
                VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
                (403) 251-0384
                ve6lb@...
                http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 10, 2013
                  I just wrkd my first new country in 10 years!!!! Where can I get qsl info?
                  A71CM

                  Sent from my iPhone4s

[...]

                  \\ /
                  /