Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: oops someone tripped over the plug

  • Rick Scott
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
      Worked for about an hour last night, but alas this  morning Im getting the too many users error

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
        Based on the Queue Status reports, LotW was down at 2200z last night
        (no report at 2159) and went down again after 0400 this morning and
        has been down more or less consistently (no hourly reports) since
        then.

        On 2/1/2013 9:05 AM, Rick Scott wrote:
        > Worked for about an hour last night, but alas this morning Im getting the too many users error

      • Bob KA9MOM
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
          From http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world

          Feb 1 2013: Just a reminder that LoTW may be unavailable until about 1900Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance.

          Bob KA9MOM

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
            Were they doing "maintenance" all night/after hours?

            On 2/1/2013 9:45 AM, Bob KA9MOM wrote:
            >> From http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world
            >
            > *Feb 1 2013:*Just a reminder that LoTW may be unavailable until about
            > 1900Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance.
            >
            > Bob KA9MOM
            >

            > On 2/1/2013 8:29 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
            >>

            >> Based on the Queue Status reports, LotW was down at 2200z last night
            >> (no report at 2159) and went down again after 0400 this morning and
            >> has been down more or less consistently (no hourly reports) since
            >> then.
            >>
            >> 73,
            >>
            >> ... Joe, W4TV
            >>
            >> On 2/1/2013 9:05 AM, Rick Scott wrote:
            >> > Worked for about an hour last night, but alas this morning Im
            >> getting the too many users error
            >> >
            >> > --- On Thu, 1/31/13, DavidH WB4IUY@...
            >> <mailto:WB4IUY%40TEARA.org>> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > From: DavidH WB4IUY@... <mailto:WB4IUY%40TEARA.org>>
            >> > Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: oops someone tripped over the plug
            >> > To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com>
            >> > Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 9:38 PM

            >> > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com

            >> General database error [initializeLOTWDB: -9807 - Too many users (task
            >> limit)]

            >> > Down here for me as well, different response from ACLog. Just
            >> reports "File did not download, please try again".
            >> >

            >> > Dave WB4IUY
            >> >
            >> > www.WB4IUY.net

          • Javier Henderson
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
              Call and ask?

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                Don't know when this was posted. Dose it matter.?

                Bob KA9MOM

                Were they doing "maintenance" all night/after hours?

                On 2/1/2013 9:45 AM, Bob KA9MOM wrote:
                >> From http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world
                >
                > *Feb 1 2013:*Just a reminder that LoTW may be unavailable until about
                > 1900Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance.
                >
                > Bob KA9MOM

              • Larry Banks
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                  They told us that this would happen:

                  Feb 1 2013: Just a reminder that LoTW may be unavailable until about 1900Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance.

                  Jan 31 2013: LoTW may be unavailable for short periods until 1900Z tomorrow (Feb 1) for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.

                  73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                    > Jan 31 2013: LoTW may be unavailable for short periods until 1900Z
                    > tomorrow (Feb 1) for scheduled maintenance.

                    Since when is 15 hours (0400 - 1900z) a "short period"? Either they
                    pulled an "all-nighter" or LotW was shut down while they went home.
                    In either case, it questions the wisdom of investing in "in house"
                    hardware vs. locating LotW on a contracted server with back-up
                    protection.

                    On 2/1/2013 10:24 AM, Larry Banks wrote:
                    > They told us that this would happen:
                    >
                    > Feb 1 2013: Just a reminder that LoTW may be unavailable until about 1900Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance.
                    >
                    > Jan 31 2013: LoTW may be unavailable for short periods until 1900Z tomorrow (Feb 1) for scheduled maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
                    >
                    > 73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

                  • Bob KA9MOM

                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                        It says "short periods" not "short period".

                        But does not matter. I'll step a side now and let the complaining begin.

                        Bob KA9MOM

                        > Jan 31 2013: LoTW may be unavailable for short periods until 1900Z
                        > tomorrow (Feb 1) for scheduled maintenance.

                        Since when is 15 hours (0400 - 1900z) a "short period"? Either they
                        pulled an "all-nighter" or LotW was shut down while they went home.
                        In either case, it questions the wisdom of investing in "in house"
                        hardware vs. locating LotW on a contracted server with back-up
                        protection.

                      • n1ipa
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                          At this rate it looks like we will be with out for the weekend. I too saw the note that it would be down for maint. until about 1900, but that has come and gone and still down.
                          The ARRL has let us all down again!

                          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w7psk" wrote:

                          > Fatal error: initializeLOTWDB: -709 - CONNECT: (cannot connect to server socket): General database error [initializeLOTWDB: -709 - CONNECT: (cannot connect to server socket)]

                        • Glenn Wyant
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                            OMG ! Find something else to do !

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                              Here is a updated posting I just found on the site.

                              Feb 1 2013: Just a reminder that LoTW may be unavailable until about 2300Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance. During this period, the Online DXCC and Diamond Challenge systems may also be unavailable.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
                                Feb 1 2013: LoTW may be unavailable until about 2300Z today. The IT team is performing planned maintenance. During this period, the Online DXCC and Diamond Challenge systems may also be unavailable.

                                On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM, n1ipa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                At this rate it looks like we will be with out for the weekend.  I too saw the note that it would be down for maint. until about 1900, but that has come and gone and still down.
                                The ARRL has let us all down again!

                                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w7psk"  wrote:

                                > Fatal error: initializeLOTWDB: -709 - CONNECT: (cannot connect to server socket): General database error [initializeLOTWDB: -709 - CONNECT: (cannot connect to server socket)]

                                <*> Your email settings:
                                    Individual Email | Traditional

                                <*> To change settings online go to:
                                    (Yahoo! ID required)