Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Enforcing station location fields ?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
      On 1/3/2013 8:36 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
      > Take a look at the Primary Administrative Subdivision enumeration in
      > ADIF,

      I did.

      > Adding the ability to correctly populate the selector with the
      > correct “codes” and providing the ability for users to select a
      > subdivision by its full name would be a significant effort.

      I don't see anything that an "<enum value>="xx">"Name"</enum> style
      system like is being used currently for countries 1, 6, 15, 54, 110,
      126, and 291 couldn't handle. In some cases the list of names could
      be filtered based on the callsign but that would be an enhancement.

      > I agree that doing this would add value, but our first focus is to
      > improve TQL's usability and reliability – not to expand its
      > functionality.

      I don't know that this is expanding functionality any more than
      expanding the information in the current config.xml file. Maybe I'll
      play with adding a couple smaller countries to the current config and
      see if they will be picked up.

      The only thing I see that could derail the additional primary divisions
      is if LotW is not using the generic <State: > and is instead using
      application specific tags without labeling them as such ... if that's
      the case it will take server side changes.