Promote or perish

  • Ford Peterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      I was encouraged to see the following in the "What have we been up to" article at the ARRL website...

      "DXCC Program Manager Bill Moore, NC1L, checked cards for DXCC and gave two talks at the ARI national convention in Pescara, Italy. "

      Although the report doesn't include a mention of LOTW, I'm sure Bill presented the nuts-and-bolts of how it works. Way-to-go ARRL! We need more of this...

      Ford-N0FP
    • Bob Daniels
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Ford Peterson" <n0fp@a...> wrote:
        > I was encouraged to see the following in the "What have we been up
        to" article at the ARRL website...

        > "DXCC Program Manager Bill Moore, NC1L, checked cards for DXCC and
        gave two talks at the ARI national convention in Pescara, Italy. "

        > Although the report doesn't include a mention of LOTW, I'm sure
        Bill presented the nuts-and-bolts of how it works. Way-to-go ARRL!
        We need more of this...

        > Ford-N0FP

        How do you come to the conclusion that LOTW was promoted here? As
        you noted there is no mention of LoTW at all.

        At the last Dayton convention there was plenty of ARRL - DXCC staff
        present. None of them seemed to want to talk about LOTW. When asked
        why there was no LOTW booth the reply was "We didn't think about it."

        I don't know if the ARRL isn't promoting LoTW more because they
        really didn't want it in the first place or because there just isn't
        money in the budget.

        I agree with the subject line "Promote or perish" but I think its
        going to have to be us the Users of LoTW that do the promoting. I've
        seen lots of RTTY guys do just that with their final - "73's QSL via
        LoTW".

        Bob K8KWT
      • Ford Peterson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
          > I agree with the subject line "Promote or perish" but I think its
          > going to have to be us the Users of LoTW that do the promoting. I've
          > seen lots of RTTY guys do just that with their final - "73's QSL via
          > LoTW".
          >

          > Bob K8KWT

          Amen Brother Bob. Keep the faith! Promote or perish!

          Ford-N0FP
          ford@...