Re: [ARRL-LOTW] QST late and slow like LOTW

  • Bill Aycock
    Message 1 of 75 , Dec 13, 2012
      Paul—
      You missed the point! The NORMAL distribution is about the 14th. Why start Bitching on the 12th?
      Bill—W4BSG

      Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] QST late and slow like LOTW

      The print edition has to travel via mail. The digital edition doesn't. No reason the digital edition shouldn't be up yet.

      73,

      Paul, N8HM

      On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Bill Aycock <billaycock@...> wrote:

      I just looked—most of the email announcements have arrived here on the 14th of the month (This month, that’s tomorrow), and memory says the print issue arrives on or before the 14th. Mine came yesterday.
      So--- wait until after tomorrow to Bitch.
      Please.
      (Unless it’s your hobby)
      Bill—W4BSG

      Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:09 AM

      My paper copy of January issue has arrived end last week.

      73.
      Vladimir VE3IAE

      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

      From: "Gilbert Baron" <w0mn@...>
      Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:22:28 -0600

      EXACTLY! Where is it? Again, ARRL says nothing.,

      Message 75 of 75 , Dec 14, 2012
        Correct. CQ and the ARRL can state that the distribution date of their magazines is the 1st of the month and 14th of the previous month respectively, but a good portion of their print subscribers get their magazines prior to the distribution date whereas they stick strictly with the  distribution date when releasing the digital version. I know I get CQ a couple of days later than everyone I know who gets the print edition (which greatly irritates me).

        73,

        Paul, N8HM

        The point is missed. If they expect people to opt out of Print then Digital has to be first by a long way really. It has to be reliably first or people will simply stay on the mailings.

        From: "Gilbert Baron" <w0mn@...>

        Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:22:28 -0600