RE: [ARRL-LOTW] NH8S

  • Joe WA6AXE
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 11, 2012
      And, the ARRL website shows Zone 32 ..

      http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2012%20DXCC%20Current_H.pdf

      Joe

      > To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ar@...
      > Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:22:48 -0800
      > Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] NH8S
      >
      > Are you sure, Hugh? My LotW confirmations for NH8S show CQ Zone 31. On
      > the "Your QSOs" tab, click on "Details" next to any of your confirmed
      > NH8S QSOs - what does the "CQ Zone" under "Worked Station" show?
      >
      > To fix this, the NH8S manager will need to correct his Station
      > Location (in TrustedQSL), with the correct zone, then re-sign the log,
      > using that Station Location, and re-upload.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > ~iain / N6ML
      >

      > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Hugh Phillips K7XM <jacshitt@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I received mine today, they show zone 32.
      > > 73,
      > > Hugh
      > > K7XM
      > >

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > LOTW QSL for NH8S turned up this morning. I noticed that the entries
      > > have NH8S in CQ Zone 31. Should this be 32?
      > > Wrong forever?
      > >
      > > Mike
      > > VK1OO

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > ARRL-LOTW-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > ARRL-LOTW-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Paul Stoetzer
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 13, 2012
        WAZ is coming next year. It's going to have to be fixed.

        Of course, I doubt any one who is going to qualify for WAZ through LoTW desperately needs Zone 32 from their NH8S QSOs.

        73,

        Paul, N8HM

        On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

        There's nothing "LotW Fairy" like ...

        Those early LotW uploads for big contributors were probably done by
        one person with the correct "Station Location" data but the mass
        uploads for the rest of the "little people" were done by someone
        else on a different computer with an improperly configured "Station
        Location" in tQSL.

        *It's not important* CQ Zone is not used for any award currently
        supported by LotW. The NH8S group have already announced they will
        correct the error once LotW's hardware updates have been completed
        *and* when (if) LotW ever supports an award based on CW zones, I
        would expect it will validate the reported zone before offering
        credit for that zone.