Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: LotW Backlog continues to grow ...

  • Robert Chudek - K0RC
    Message 1 of 53 , Dec 7, 2012
      I have updated the Excel workbook I created to track LoTW dashboard statistics. You will now find it contains 4 worksheets:

      Sheet 1: Contains the original 1-minute samples and analysis (data collection completed)
      Sheet 2: Contains the original 15-minute samples and analysis (completed)
      Sheet 3: Contains the current (on-going) data collection of 15-minute samples (in process)
      Sheet 4: Contains the LA4RT daily samples that were provided from the message below (completed)

      Download the workbook from here:  http://tinyurl.com/bxcmub7

      NOTE: the data for sheet 1 was a semi-automatic collection of information and requires me to transfer the numbers for each line manually. I'll work on updating this sheet as time and energy permits. It currently contains 5 hours of data which I think is adequate for a "first look" at the stats at that resolution.

      73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

      On 12/7/2012 4:54 PM, la4rt wrote:

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

      > > Between 250 and 300,000, actually.
      >
      > Based on what data?

      Here are observations each morning (EU time) starting Monday morning
      after CQ WW CW:

      2012-11-26 07:03
      457,584,847 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,382,862 QSL records have resulted.
      53,759 Users are registered in the system
      80,791 Certificates are active
      3,707,231 User files have been processed

      2012-11-27 07:00
      457,783,982 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,428,429 QSL records have resulted.
      53,817 Users are registered in the system
      80,863 Certificates are active
      3,710,246 User files have been processed

      2012-11-28 07:01
      457,963,370 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,458,137 QSL records have resulted.
      53,875 Users are registered in the system
      80,931 Certificates are active
      3,714,079 User files have been processed

      2012-11-29 06:57
      458,258,059 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,478,994 QSL records have resulted.
      53,896 Users are registered in the system
      80,963 Certificates are active
      3,718,264 User files have been processed

      2012-11-30 07:00
      458,631,454 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,508,870 QSL records have resulted.
      53,930 Users are registered in the system
      81,018 Certificates are active
      3,719,817 User files have been processed

      2012-12-01 11:33
      458,960,202 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,559,444 QSL records have resulted.
      53,980 Users are registered in the system
      81,079 Certificates are active
      3,721,425 User files have been processed

      2012-12-01 23:59
      459,108,641 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,584,034 QSL records have resulted.
      53,980 Users are registered in the system
      81,079 Certificates are active
      3,722,670 User files have been processed

      2012-12-02 06:48
      459,175,199 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,593,944 QSL records have resulted.
      53,980 Users are registered in the system
      81,079 Certificates are active
      3,723,243 User files have been processed

      2012-12-03 07:01
      459,410,509 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,655,708 QSL records have resulted.
      53,979 Users are registered in the system
      81,079 Certificates are active
      3,724,456 User files have been processed

      2012-12-04 07:04
      459,643,445 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,704,634 QSL records have resulted.
      54,020 Users are registered in the system
      81,125 Certificates are active
      3,726,460 User files have been processed

      2012-12-05 07:05
      459,890,922 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,769,535 QSL records have resulted.
      54,031 Users are registered in the system
      81,148 Certificates are active
      3,728,007 User files have been processed

      2012-12-06 07:01
      460,277,589 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,813,185 QSL records have resulted.
      54,040 Users are registered in the system
      81,169 Certificates are active
      3,729,885 User files have been processed

      2012-12-07 07:02
      460,533,429 QSO records have been entered into the system.
      62,867,626 QSL records have resulted.
      54,104 Users are registered in the system
      81,242 Certificates are active
      3,731,786 User files have been processed

    • Kenneth Grimm
      Message 53 of 53 , Dec 11, 2012
        On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@...> wrote:

        It is certainly a sign of competence and design skills when you realize the LoTW system was deployed on SAN technology 10+ years ago. That was leading edge architecture at the time, and unlikely to be found outside of corporate server farms or large data centers.

        For anyone interested in considerations the regarding the marriage of SANs and Database architecture, here's an article describing the issues facing system designers. It's a pretty decent primer on some basic database design too.

        http://tinyurl.com/7bpmt64

        73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

        Thanks for the link, Bob.  Enterprise decisions concerning SSDs are the same as I went through when deciding to use them.  8*)

        Speaking of enterprise...do you know of any studies comparing MTBF for consumer vs enterprise SSDs?

        Ken - K4XL
        BoatAnchor Manual Archive
        BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com