RE: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: LoTW Upload Processing status

    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 6, 2012
      >>>AA6YQ comments below

      -----Original Message-----
      From: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf
      Of Geoffrey Way
      Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:22 AM
      To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: LoTW Upload Processing status

      Dave,

      It's like going to the Registry of Motor Vehicles.

      If you have a transaction that will take a longer of time to process, it's
      extremely unfortunate for those who just got in line behind you, but you
      went there to get something done, too. You have a right to equal promptness
      in servicing, and when thousands of individual DX hounds with OCD-like
      fixation are making 5 QSO uploads on a daily basis and effectively delay a
      single "large"(?) file of 400 QSO's for a week, I suggest the logic is
      flawed.

      >>>I did not suggest that a file containing 400 QSOs made over the course of
      a week be considered "low priority". I suggested that a file containing 1000
      or more QSOs made over 2 days be considered "low priority".

      >>>Your point that prioritizing uploads containing small numbers of QSOs
      could degrade system efficiency by incentivizing ops to break large uploads
      into many smaller uploads is a good one.

      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 6, 2012