RE: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: retaining dated copies of DXKeeper's LotW upload files

    Message 1 of 69 , Dec 3, 2012
      ### AA6YQ comments below

      -----Original Message-----
      From: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf
      Of Zev Darack
      Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 5:43 PM
      To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: retaining dated copies of DXKeeper's LotW
      upload files

      D4C needs to upload a 22k qso log from CQWW. Can't really limit the upload
      size.

      One idea would be to have an error and stop processing if the log contains
      excessive duplicates (say 100)

      ### If TQSL were extended to "remember" each QSO a user uploads with a
      particular certificate, TQSL could prevent duplicate QSOs from ever being
      uploaded to LotW, eliminating the problem. Note that this "remember"
      capability would not require storing an entire ADIF QSO record. A signature
      derived from QSO's callsign, date, and time would be sufficient.

      ### To do this, TQSL would need the ability to populate its memory of
      already-uploaded QSOs from LotW, as when a user installs TQSL in a new PC,
      or recovers from a disk crash, etc.

      On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Mark Robinson <markrob@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      trouble LotW. What hurts is when ops upload their entire log each time they
      have new QSOs to upload.

      Maybe LOTW should have an upload file size to discourage people who upload
      their whole logs each time

      Mark N1UK
      From: Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...>
      upload files