Re: Two questions

  • Dave Bernstein
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2004
      Hi Tony.

      The errorlog you appended is from your ME machine, and shows no errors.

      Please check the "Log Debugging Info" box on one of your XP machines,
      repeat the attempt to sync with LotW, and then send the generated
      errorlog.txt file to aa6yq@... . Lets take the debugging
      process off this reflector; if we discover a defect in DXKeeper's LotW
      synchronization or anything specific to LotW, we can report it here
      when we're done.

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@m...>
      wrote:

      > > Dave, AA6YQ
      > >I have a question i have 3 machines running your program 1 is a ME
      and two
      > >are XP PRO.. the me machine works great with LOTW but i can not get
      the
      > >other two to connect keep getting check log in name or password.
      have cut
      > >off the fire walls or at least i think i have hihi.. here is a
      errow log
      > >what do you think
      >
      > 73 Tony
      >

      > QBE ZUT DE WA4JQS
      >
      > ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
      > Since 1962
      > CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
      > A1-OP FISTS # 10573
      > South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
      > CALLS HELD:
      > WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
      > ZD8JQS, V31SS,
      > VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI
      >

      > 15-Sep-2004 19:39:38 > DXKeeper version 3.0.8
      > 15-Sep-2004 19:39:38 > App.Path : C:\PROGRAM FILES\DXKEEPER
      > 15-Sep-2004 19:39:38 > App.exe : DXKEEPER
      > 15-Sep-2004 19:39:38 > Operating System: Windows Millennium build
      73010104
      > 15-Sep-2004 19:39:38 > Country : United States
    • Dave Bernstein
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2004
        For those interested, the instances of DXKeeper on Tony's XP machines
        were configured for manual operator downloading -- a capability
        provided for situations where the logging PC has no internet
        connection. When automatic downloading was selected, automatic LotW
        synchronization functioned correctly.

      • dchamguy@att.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2014
          First of all, am I to understand from previous posts, that my actual DXCC count could be higher than that shown on my LOTW?

          Second, I have combined two calls, K9TTT and K8TS on my LOTW account.  Some of my QSL match up with my older qsl matches show as K8TS. (which I obtained in 2008) but with my location being that of my K9TTT call.  In other words, I have qsls marked with K8TS which were actually made with K9TTT, and the qso information matching that of K9TTT.  Will not this mess up the grid, and WAS hunters?  (I hope I made this a little clearer than mud)

          Dale K8TS
        • Jim - N4ST
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18, 2014
            Dale,
            When you uploaded your QSOs to LoTW, you provided your callsign, location and grid information for each QSO. I have had five callsigns and four locations and my LoTW QSO information reflects all of these changes correctly. A lot of people make the mistake of not using the correct location information when they upload old QSOs.
            On a different note, I managed to upload ~2000 QSOs from an old logging program that set all of the QSO times to 00:00. I still managed to get a handful of QSLs because the time was "close enough". I corrected this, but still have the ~2000 zombies up there. :-(

            73,
            Jim - N4ST

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2014

              yup that's it.  When I moved from IN to MI I kept the same call for some  8years.  Updated info with FCC but forgot to change LOTW info.  Will have to change a number of "old" uploads to correct the qth info, and resign the info with the then current info.  Am erecting new antenna today, and have 160 contest tonite.  Other than that, nothig else to do but make corrections.   Perhaps will pick up some of my zoombies

              Dale K8TS