uploading logs

  • g0ejq@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
      Can anybody tell me please. I know there has been a problem with LOTW.
      Is there a long waiting list to have logs uploaded. No problem if there is. I understand after the problem they had.
      Uploaded quite a few logs on the 19th November. Only still not showing.
      Don,t want to upload again., cause an even longer waiting list.
      Thankyou Kind Regards. Jim G0EJQ
    • Mark Robinson
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
        Yes a "problem"...LOTW says a wait of 6 days now but it could be more. 5
        days here and nothing showing yet.

        Mark N1UK

        > Can anybody tell me please. I know there has been a problem with LOTW.
        > Is there a long waiting list to have logs uploaded. No problem if there
        > is. I understand after the problem they had.
        > Uploaded quite a few logs on the 19th November. Only still not showing.
        > Don,t want to upload again., cause an even longer waiting list.
        > Thankyou Kind Regards. Jim G0EJQ

      • Bob Fuss
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
          No, no, no I am not looking at LOTW. The log you sent me the last qso in it is 11/23/2012 7J1YAJ at 2356z. Seems to me it should be 11/25/2012, that is when contest ended.

          On 11/26/2012 9:09 AM, Mark Robinson wrote:

          Yes a "problem"...LOTW says a wait of 6 days now but it could be more. 5
          days here and nothing showing yet.

          Mark N1UK

          > Can anybody tell me please. I know there has been a problem with LOTW.
          > Is there a long waiting list to have logs uploaded. No problem if there
          > is. I understand after the problem they had.
          > Uploaded quite a few logs on the 19th November. Only still not showing.
          > Don,t want to upload again., cause an even longer waiting list.
          > Thankyou Kind Regards. Jim G0EJQ

        • Mike Flowers

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
              I'm glad to hear that - I'm waiting for verification of my four 11/06/2012 qsos.
              So I'm not the only one with pending qso uploads that old.
              73, frank w0ecs

              On 11/26/2012 10:06 AM, Mike Flowers wrote:

              There is a long queue.  I am still waiting for logs uploaded 2012-11-08 to process.

              -- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "We do DX!"

              On Nov 26, 2012, at 3:20 AM, "g0ejq@..." <g0ejq@...> wrote:

              Can anybody tell me please. I know there has been a problem with LOTW.
              Is there a long waiting list to have logs uploaded. No problem if there is. I understand after the problem they had.
              Uploaded quite a few logs on the 19th November. Only still not showing.
              Don,t want to upload again., cause an even longer waiting list.
              Thankyou Kind Regards. Jim G0EJQ

            • alanswinger
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                73, Alan K9MBQ

                P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                Best regards,
                Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                  Captain, with all due respect, it's a hobby, not a battle group deployment.  Chill out in your cabin before the Commodore sees you ranting.

                  73,

                  de Hans, K0HB
                  Master Chief Radioman, US Navy, Retired
                  --
                  "Just a boy and his radio"

                  On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:33, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                  Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                  73, Alan K9MBQ

                  P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                  them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                  Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                  annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                  community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                  remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                  Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                  Best regards,
                  Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                  >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                  it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                  No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                  this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                  dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                  you guys pay attention.
                  >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                  is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                  >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                  for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                  people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                  do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                  >Best,
                  >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                  >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                  ---

                • Alan Swinger
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                    get a life!
                    Captain, with all due respect, it's a hobby, not a battle group deployment.  Chill out in your cabin before the Commodore sees you ranting.

                    73,

                    de Hans, K0HB
                    Master Chief Radioman, US Navy, Retired
                    --
                    "Just a boy and his radio"

                    On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:33, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                    Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                    73, Alan K9MBQ

                    P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                    them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                    Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                    annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                    community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                    remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                    Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                    Best regards,
                    Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                    >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                    it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                    No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                    this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                    dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                    you guys pay attention.
                    >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                    is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                    >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                    for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                    people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                    do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                    >Best,
                    >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                    >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                    ---

                  • Radio Station K0HB
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                      AYE, AYE!  Oh, never mind Captain.  I already have a life.

                      You might enjoy my "life" sea stories at http://k0hb.wordpress.com

                      Specially the one titled "Radiomen".

                      73,

                      de Hans, K0HB
                      --
                      "Just a boy and his radio"

                      On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:59, Alan Swinger <awswinger@...> wrote:

                      get a life!

                      Captain, with all due respect, it's a hobby, not a battle group deployment.  Chill out in your cabin before the Commodore sees you ranting.

                      73,

                      de Hans, K0HB
                      Master Chief Radioman, US Navy, Retired
                      --
                      "Just a boy and his radio"

                      On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:33, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                      Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                      73, Alan K9MBQ

                      P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                      them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                      Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                      annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                      community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                      remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                      Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                      Best regards,
                      Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                      >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                      it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                      No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                      this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                      dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                      you guys pay attention.
                      >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                      is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                      >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                      for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                      people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                      do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                      >Best,
                      >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                      >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                      ---

                    • Mark Robinson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012

                        Hobby or not..it doesn't mean we have to take second best or is that the new mantra of this once great country.

                        Mark N1UK
                        Captain, with all due respect, it's a hobby, not a battle group deployment.  Chill out in your cabin before the Commodore sees you ranting.

                        73,

                        de Hans, K0HB
                        Master Chief Radioman, US Navy, Retired
                        --
                        "Just a boy and his radio"

                        On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:33, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                        Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                        73, Alan K9MBQ

                        P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                        them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                        Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                        annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                        community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                        remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                        Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                        Best regards,
                        Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                        >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                        it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                        No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                        this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                        dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                        you guys pay attention.
                        >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                        is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                        >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                        for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                        people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                        do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                        >Best,
                        >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                        >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                        ---

                      • Radio Station K0HB
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                          Gimme a cotton picking break.  A radio hobby club in Newington offers a free electronic repository for your QSO info.  They have some hiccups doing that free service.

                          Now it's some sort of international embarrassment to "this once great country".

                          In the words of Captain Alan Swinger, US Navy --- "Get a life!"

                          73,

                          de Hans, K0HB
                          --
                          "Just a boy and his radio"

                          On Nov 26, 2012, at 17:15, "Mark Robinson" <markrob@...> wrote:

                          Hobby or not..it doesn't mean we have to take second best or is that the new mantra of this once great country.

                          Mark N1UK
                          Captain, with all due respect, it's a hobby, not a battle group deployment.  Chill out in your cabin before the Commodore sees you ranting.

                          73,

                          de Hans, K0HB
                          Master Chief Radioman, US Navy, Retired
                          --
                          "Just a boy and his radio"

                          On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:33, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                          Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                          73, Alan K9MBQ

                          P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                          them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                          Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                          annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                          community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                          remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                          Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                          Best regards,
                          Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                          >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                          it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                          No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                          this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                          dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                          you guys pay attention.
                          >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                          is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                          >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                          for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                          people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                          do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                          >Best,
                          >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                          >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                          ---

                        • Mark Robinson
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012

                            I don't want it to be free...I want it to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            otherwise there is no point having it..and yes it is an embarrassment to this country

                            Mark N1UK

                            Captain, with all due respect, it's a hobby, not a battle group deployment.  Chill out in your cabin before the Commodore sees you ranting.

                            73,

                            de Hans, K0HB
                            Master Chief Radioman, US Navy, Retired
                            --
                            "Just a boy and his radio"

                            On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:33, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                            Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                            73, Alan K9MBQ

                            P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                            them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                            Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                            annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                            community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                            remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                            Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                            Best regards,
                            Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                            >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                            it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                            No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                            this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                            dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                            you guys pay attention.
                            >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                            is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                            >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                            for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                            people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                            do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                            >Best,
                            >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                            >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                            ---

                          • Thomas F Giella NZ4O
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                              Captain Alan K9MBQ I'm just a lowly medically retired E-6 Aerographers Mate
                              but your correspondence to the ARRL powers that be was right on. It just
                              makes me sea sick that there are people in this e-group that continue to
                              defend the ARRL over the worsening LOTW debacle.

                              The international amateur radio community "is" watching the unfolding LOTW
                              catastrophe. It's going to hurt international acceptance and participation
                              in LOTW even more.

                              I'm going to contact the ARRL powers that be also. As I said in an earlier
                              post the ARRL is run allot like a federal government agency. No
                              accountability to the people they are supposed to be serving.

                              73 & GUD DX,
                              Thomas F. Giella NZ4O
                              Lakeland, FL, USA
                              nz4o@...

                              NZ4O Amateur Radio & SWL Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.com
                              NZ4O MF/HF/6M Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org
                            • ROLAND B
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
                                Tom
                                it's not only your national society thats like that. I have been around a bit and from my experience it is fairly common around the world. I remember in my younger days when I was on one of our committees there were people that would be prepared for the hobby to die with them rather than embrace change. Thank god most of them did change and move with the times. Having been licensed for 50 years now I want this hobby to continue well after I am gone. For me it is the greatest hobby apart from sport that I have ever participated in. I still get a thrill with making a bit of gear, an aerial, trying out new modes or working a bit of DX.
                                How many people can say they have thousands of friends around the world that they have never met.
                                73
                                Roley
                                G3VIR - and the rest.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 27, 2012
                                    FWIW, my last two uploads processed in less than 4 days. Uploaded on 23 Nov abt 1000 hours and processed with a couple of confirms on 27 Nov at 0453 hours.

                                    I looked at my activity log over the past couple of months and I don't see any that were "lost".

                                    Is it instant gratification? No, but many times it can't be, since the other station hasn't uploaded his log or doesn't use LOTW for one reason or another.

                                    I have other things in life to occupy me beyond carping about LOTW.

                                    Johnny, KI4WCQ

                                    --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "alanswinger" <awswinger@...> wrote:

                                    > Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                                    > 73, Alan K9MBQ
                                  • N2TK, Tony
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 29, 2012

                                      My upload just took 4 days to be processed.

                                      73,

                                      N2TK, Tony

                                      Based on my e-mail exchg with LoTW Techs today, the "New Nornal" for processing Uploads is ~ 2 weeks! . . . despite what the non-info on the Homepage says. Below FYI is what I sent to the CEO and President of ARRL about this problem. You may or may not agree, but if agree, suggest that you do the same . . . they are supposed to work for us and that means Management and Leadership where I come from!
                                      73, Alan K9MBQ

                                      P.S. I have no confidence in either of
                                      them since no response has been received! . . . and thus no confidence that LoTW will ever be fixed and functional.

                                      Kay (Craigie) - Forwarded fyi and hopefully - action. The LoTW problem is not only
                                      annoying, but suggest that the ARRL should be embarrassed in the international
                                      community by the apparent length of the problem and inability of the HQ staff to
                                      remedy. E-mails on the LoTW reflector are brutal.
                                      Hope you can exercise some management support to get it fixed.
                                      Best regards,
                                      Alan Swinger K9MBQ

                                      >Dave - Don't know what you know about the current & ongoing Probs w/ LoTW, but
                                      it is essentially inoperative on any useful basis, and has created a
                                      No-Confidence atmosphere by users. You and the other leadreship need to get on
                                      this problem since it is world-wide and the League is the target for all who are
                                      dissatisfied! Stand-by for a glut of members departing as a result . . . unless
                                      you guys pay attention.
                                      >I suggest that you put out a memo on the Web site about how and what your plan
                                      is to fix LoTW if you want to keep members mollified!

                                      >In Short - you have a Serious Problem that ARRL is not addressing adequately
                                      for thousands of Hams who use LoTW! If I was in charge, heads would roll and
                                      people fired. If you are not doing that, you and the various Directors clearly
                                      do not understand management and leadership . . . >
                                      >Best,
                                      >Alan Swinger - K9MBQ
                                      >Captain, US Navy (Ret)

                                      ---