Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Stumped

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2012
      At 07:48 PM 10/30/2012, John P. wrote:

      >I also got one of these today
      >
      >Shows DXCC entity as "NONE".

      People are allowed to do this (select DXCC entity "NONE"), purely due
      to the /MM situation mentioned earlier.
      Before they're allowed to do this, they get a warning message:

      You have selected DXCC Entity NONE

      QSO records signed using the certificate will not
      be valid for DXCC award credit (but will be valid
      for other applicable awards). If the certificate is
      to be used for signing QSOs from maritime/marine
      mobile, shipboard, or air mobile operations, that is
      the correct selection. Otherwise, you probably
      should use the "Back" button to return to the DXCC
      page after clicking OK

      So, either what you are seeing is a /MM station (aeronautical, etc.),
      or a mistake.

      That station chose to make their QSOs invalid for DXCC. If you can
      contact them, they can fix this by generating a new certificate request
      and re-uploading their logs. (Most likely this is because they don't
      chase DXCC and figured that there's no reason for them to pick an entity.)

      Oh, and Nigel (G3TXF) says:

      > 2. Also he's got the wrong CQ Zone. Should be 14 and not 13. My
      understanding is there is no "quality control" on the data that you
      > select for CQ Zones/ITU Zones, nor indeed of course for
      Grid >Squares or IOTA. You can select nonsense for any of these and LoTW
      > appears to be oblivious to it. I know from experience, because on
      one occasion I accidently reversed the CQ and ITU Zones on the
      > application for a Cert and LoTW did not mind at all!

      I spent a lot of time adding support to TQSLcert to enforce proper zone
      selection based on entity and subdivision (US State). The necessary
      changes to the TrustedQSL configuration file weren't accepted by ARRL,
      so w're allowing people to pick whatever they want here. I don't think
      there's many cases where you would legitimately want to allow someone
      to pick the wrong zones, but apparently ARRL HQ disagrees.
      73,
      -Rck
    • Steve GW4BKG
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
        I also received one & have emailed him but no response.
        Steve
        GW4BKG