Logbook Upload Responses

  • alanswinger
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7 6:03 PM
      I uploaded on 10/4 and no response; 10/1 upload has been confirmed and had responses. Anyone had LoTW responses post 10/4?
      Alan K9MBQ
    • Kathy Bookmiller
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7 7:48 PM
        I uploaded 10/5 evening and they showed by the next day when I checked.

        I uploaded on 10/4 and no response; 10/1 upload has been confirmed and had responses. Anyone had LoTW responses post 10/4?
        Alan K9MBQ

      • melachri
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 8 4:21 PM
          > I uploaded on 10/4 and no response; 10/1 upload has been confirmed
          > and had responses. Anyone had LoTW responses post 10/4?
          > Alan K9MBQ

          Alan -

          My 10/6 (~10pm ET) upload still has not processed, but my 10/7 (~10p ET) upload has.

          Steve
          W3HF
        • Hugh Phillips K7XM
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 8 4:50 PM
            I uploaded 10/4 >>>Nada..
            Hugh
            K7XM

            At 23:21 10/8/2012 +0000, you wrote:

            > I uploaded on 10/4 and no response; 10/1 upload has been confirmed
            > and had responses. Anyone had LoTW responses post 10/4?
            > Alan K9MBQ

            Alan -

            My 10/6 (~10pm ET) upload still has not processed, but my 10/7 (~10p ET) upload has.

            Steve
            W3HF

          • Dick Flanagan
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 8 5:05 PM
              Quitcherbitchen.  I just received a card from EZ8BD fourteen years after I sent mine.  We've never had it so good....
              --
              Dick Flanagan K7VC
              dick@...
              On 10/8/2012 4:50 PM, someone wrote:
              I uploaded 10/4 >>>Nada..

            • Mickey Baker
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 8 5:09 PM
                It's clear that there are some issues.

                One issue that I had several years ago was a logbook program which calculated Daylight Saving vs. GMT wrong because the month in which we were observing Daylight time changed. It took months to figure that out.

                That may or may not be your problem, but the fact that we have no feedback on our logfile processing means that we're left to wonder what the hell is going on.

                I'd suggest opening an account with eqsl.cc - then you'll know whether or not you have log matches and can troubleshoot problems with LOTW with some sort of intelligent feedback. You're not going to get it from LOTW.

                Again, join the ARRL! Write your director! Drive the democratic process!

                73,

                Mickey N4MB

              • jim
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 8 5:32 PM

                  AMEN

                  from the shack of
                  WB5AAA
                  73 de JIM

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 8 6:28 PM

                    I just don't understand the expectation of near real time operation. I can upload my log and have it processed quickly but if the matching Qs aren't uploaded for 6 months...........

                    Personally, I'm happy with a one month turnaround.

                    Gerry VE6LB

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 8 7:02 PM
                      Let's say that you uploaded a file with bad data, or a file that, for some reason, wasn't processed.

                      Assuming that you're a very patient person and discovered, six months later, that you were missing QSL's from a few months because of (again, conjecture) a software issue in your own logging software. And during those months, there were DXpeditions that you're not likely to see again in your lifetime.

                      The problem is not one of "instant gratification" - it is one of a database system that works perfectly 99+ percent of the time.

                      But that 1% is a killer. And it can easily be prevented.

                      Why wouldn't you prevent it if it were easily and inexpensively done?

                      The references to "bitching" are misogynistic and unwelcome. I've been an active ham for 42 years and do not believe that complaining about easily repairable imperfections should result in insults.

                      LOTW is just short of broken and is something that we, the members of ARRL,should be complaining about until it is addressed.

                      We deserve better.

                      73, I'm done for this thread,

                      Mickey N4MB

                      On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM, VE6LB-Gerry <ve6lb@...> wrote:

                      I just don't understand the expectation of near real time operation. I can upload my log and have it processed quickly but if the matching Qs aren't uploaded for 6 months...........

                      Personally, I'm happy with a one month turnaround.

                      Gerry VE6LB

                      Quitcherbitchen.  I just received a card from EZ8BD fourteen years after I sent mine.  We've never had it so good....

                      --
                      Dick Flanagan K7VC
                      dick@...

                      On 10/8/2012 4:50 PM, someone wrote:

                      I uploaded 10/4 >>>Nada..

                      --
                      Mickey Baker, N4MB
                      Fort Lauderdale, FL
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 9 2:22 PM
                        thanks... there is hope!
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 9 2:44 PM
                          A reminder to DXLab users: to view all QSOs that have been uploaded to LotW but not yet accepted by LotW, click the Filter panel's LotW button on the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab.

                          Before you consider re-uploading QSOs that have been uploaded but not accepted, remember that there are several reasons why an uploaded QSO might not be marked as "accepted by LotW":

                          1. you haven't recently clicked the "Sync LotW QSOs" button to update logged QSOs to reflect their acceptance by LotW

                          2. the QSO does not specify a callsign that the ARRL DXCC desk either considers valid (e.g. P5RS7) or is still in the process of validating

                          3. the QSO does not specify a band accepted by LotW

                          4. the QSO does not specify a mode accepted by LotW

                          5. you've defined more than one station location, and the QSO's date and time are inconsistent with the date range specified in the certificate (your initial certificate or an additional certificate) for the callsign included in the station location that was selected when the QSO was uploaded

                          6. the QSO specifies a Satellite name, but the QSO's propagation mode is not set to SAT (DXKeeper flags such a QSO as "broken")

                          7. there are two or more identical copies of the QSO in your log

                          8. the certificate associated with the Station Location you used to upload has expired

                          Re-uploading a QSO that suffers from one or more of the above maladies will not result in acceptance. After making the appropriate corrections, you can re-upload by

                          a. selecting the Main window's QSL tab

                          b. setting the "QSL Via" panel to LotW

                          c. clicking the "Add All" button, and declining the offer to remove the Log Page Display filter

                          d. clicking the "Upload to LotW" button

                          After uploading QSOs to LotW, I suggest clicking the "Sync LotW QSOs" button once each day. If after a week, the Filter panel's LotW button still shows these QSOs as not accepted, and you've verified that none suffer from the problems enumerated above, then re-upload them. If that's not successful after a few more days, contact the ARRL's LotW help desk.