Turnaround time

  • Radio K0HB
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
      After the weekend RTTY contest I uploaded a file of just under 1,000 Q’s via email.

      Processed in just under 11 hours.

      Acceptable to me.

      73, de Hans, K0HB
      --
      "Just a boy and his radio"
      --
      Proud Member of:
      A1 Operators - http://www.arrl.org/a-1-op
      Minnesota Wireless contesters - http://www.W0AA.org
      Arizona Outlaws contesters - http://www.arizonaoutlaws.net
      Twin City DX Assn - http://www.tcdxa.org
      Lake Vermilion DX Assn - http://www.lvdxa.org
      CWOps - http://www.cwops.org
      SOC - http://www.qsl.net/soc
      Twin City FM Club - http://tcfmc.org
      --
      Superstition trails --> http://oldslowhans.wordpress.com/
      Sea stories here ---> http://k0hb.wordpress.com/
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
        Curious .. I uploaded at 0200Z, and I'm still waiting......

        73,

        ~iain / N6ML

        On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Radio K0HB <kzerohb@...> wrote:

        > After the weekend RTTY contest I uploaded a file of just under 1,000 Q’s
        > via email.
        >
        > Processed in just under 11 hours.
        >
        > Acceptable to me.
        >
        > 73, de Hans, K0HB
        > --
        > "Just a boy and his radio"
        > --
        > Proud Member of:
        > A1 Operators - http://www.arrl.org/a-1-op
        > Minnesota Wireless contesters - http://www.W0AA.org
        > Arizona Outlaws contesters - http://www.arizonaoutlaws.net
        > Twin City DX Assn - http://www.tcdxa.org
        > Lake Vermilion DX Assn - http://www.lvdxa.org
        > CWOps - http://www.cwops.org
        > SOC - http://www.qsl.net/soc
        > Twin City FM Club - http://tcfmc.org
        > --
        > Superstition trails --> http://oldslowhans.wordpress.com/
        > Sea stories here ---> http://k0hb.wordpress.com/
        > Request QSL at ---> http://www.clublog.org/logsearch/K0HB
        > All valid QSL requests honored with old fashioned paper QSL!
        > LoTW participant

      • Radio K0HB
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
          I uploaded at 0115Z and the response was time-stamped at 1207Z. 10hours,
          52minutes. 74 matches found.

          73, de Hans, K0HB
          --
          "Just a boy and his radio"

        • Jeremy Reese
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
            Not bad, I waited about 15 hours for a nine contact file upload.  I have to get my amp online to get in on the digital contests.  Seems like the people in those are more computer savy and will upload more to LOTW.  I have 14 QSL's out of about 120 uploaded SSB QSO's from the last week, your results are much better for less days.

            73,

            Jeremy Reese, N8YP
            Escanaba, MI
            http://www.qsl.net/n8yp/
            http://n8yp.rrpicturearchives.net/

            On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Radio K0HB <kzerohb@...> wrote:
            I uploaded at 0115Z and the response was time-stamped at 1207Z.  10hours,
            52minutes.  74 matches found.

            73, de Hans, K0HB
            --
          • w8jmf
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
              I don't much mind waiting, but what's get me is the lack of FIFO type processing. I had a file I sent Sunday processed before two earlier ones. Now not sure if I have to resend or not. Last period they got behind, one file never got run and I had to resend it. The message tells you to not resend, but IME sometimes you have to.

              73 de KT8D

              --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:

              > Curious .. I uploaded at 0200Z, and I'm still waiting......
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > ~iain / N6ML
              >

              > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Radio K0HB <kzerohb@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > After the weekend RTTY contest I uploaded a file of just under 1,000 Q's
              > > via email.
              > >
              > > Processed in just under 11 hours.
              > >
              > > Acceptable to me.
              > >
              > > 73, de Hans, K0HB
            • David Levine
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
                I submitted my log of 937 Qs at 0213z Sun evening after the contest. It was processed at 2047z or 18.5 hours later producing 125 matches. That's plenty fast enough for me. My upload of the same 937 Qs to eQSL was processed in real-time with no wait and has so far resulted in 218 matches.

                The processing time isn't really the problem until it extends to many days. My file upload from 9/16 was accepted but never processed. How many other folks uploaded files that went into the bit-bucket? Waiting a couple days is fine. Losing data isn't ok.

                David - K2DSL

                On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM, w8jmf <w8jmf@...> wrote:
                I don't much mind waiting, but what's get me is the lack of FIFO type processing.  I had a file I sent Sunday processed before two earlier ones.  Now not sure if I have to resend or not.  Last period they got behind, one file never got run and I had to resend it.  The message tells you to not resend, but IME sometimes you have to.

                73 de KT8D

                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:

                > Curious .. I uploaded at 0200Z, and I'm still waiting......
                >
                > 73,
                >
                >     ~iain / N6ML
                >

                > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Radio K0HB <kzerohb@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > After the weekend RTTY contest I uploaded a file of just under 1,000 Q's
                > > via email.
                > >
                > > Processed in just under 11 hours.
                > >
                > > Acceptable to me.
                > >
                > > 73, de Hans, K0HB
              • w8jmf
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
                  Dave, I also had one lost file on 16 September. Now a second newer file has been processed so it looks like 2 of my uploads from this weekend were not processed. I'll have a look later this evening and if they still aren't up guess I will resend. They were just small files so not a huge deal I guess.

                  --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, David Levine <david_yahoo@...> wrote:

                  > I submitted my log of 937 Qs at 0213z Sun evening after the contest. It was
                  > processed at 2047z or 18.5 hours later producing 125 matches. That's plenty
                  > fast enough for me. My upload of the same 937 Qs to eQSL was processed in
                  > real-time with no wait and has so far resulted in 218 matches.
                  >
                  > The processing time isn't really the problem until it extends to many days.
                  > My file upload from 9/16 was accepted but never processed. How many other
                  > folks uploaded files that went into the bit-bucket? Waiting a couple days
                  > is fine. Losing data isn't ok.
                  >
                  > David - K2DSL
                  >
                  > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM, w8jmf <w8jmf@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I don't much mind waiting, but what's get me is the lack of FIFO type
                  > > processing. I had a file I sent Sunday processed before two earlier ones.
                  > > Now not sure if I have to resend or not. Last period they got behind, one
                  > > file never got run and I had to resend it. The message tells you to not
                  > > resend, but IME sometimes you have to.
                  > >
                  > > 73 de KT8D
                  > >
                  > > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Curious .. I uploaded at 0200Z, and I'm still waiting......
                  > > >
                  > > > 73,
                  > > >
                  > > > ~iain / N6ML

                  > > Q's

                • Henk PA5KT
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 2, 2012
                    ARRL-LOTW turnaround tome was about 18 hours.

                    Good progress from the Netherlands.

                    73 Henk PA5KT

                    Op 2-10-2012 1:14, w8jmf schreef:
                    > Dave, I also had one lost file on 16 September. Now a second newer file has been processed so it looks like 2 of my uploads from this weekend were not processed. I'll have a look later this evening and if they still aren't up guess I will resend. They were just small files so not a huge deal I guess.
                    >
                    > ---

                  • Radio K0HB
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 10, 2012
                      Submitted 455 Q log at 2014Z via email.  Results response arrived at 2109Z.

                      I had to wait on pins and needles for ALMOST AN HOUR!

                      mn73

                      73, de Hans, K0HB
                      --
                      "Just a boy and his radio"